What am I smoking?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Deleted member 638051, Dec 21, 2017.

1. My grow house is open to ventilation (open air) so I don't visualize a box of ladybugs sticking around till the end of the season. I have been using BT and Spinosad to keep the shit worms at bay.

All my research leads me to 'non toxic to humans', but I'm not real confident in my research skills and I'm not a real chemist. This leaves me wondering.
    What happens when you smoke this stuff? I have read that it's not toxic if you use it topically, or even if you eat it (within reasonable amounts, I assume) but what happens if you smoke it? Adding 'enough' heat to anything may manipulate molecular structure, resulting in change in chemical form, but nothing really burns up and goes away.

So.... what exactly is Spinosad when it goes up in smoke?
    I trim my harvest wet, and wash the buds in h2o2 & water prior to hang drying for about 2 weeks. Am I doing enough to get the Spinosad off my buds?
    Just looking to understand how to grow medicine for myself, without causing other damage.
    Inviting opinions, comments, links to research/facts, full blown chemist who likes to type, ?.

2. it's pretty hard to analyze such things... as you said, try to find anything regarding molecule breakdown at very high temps (a joint burns at about 900 celsius). if it's not toxic to be eaten in small quantities and the substance doesn't turn into something else at high temps you should be fine (although for sure it's not recommended). next time try to stick with pyrethroids they have a very short half life and it's completely safe to use them on veg plants (not sure about flowering plants tho).
    Vaporizing also decreases the chances of inhaling bad chemicals, because the temp is at most one fourth of a burning joint

• Like Like x 1