What am I growing?!?!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 2Lazy, Oct 4, 2009.

1. I live in California and I have access to the medical dispensaries here in the Bay Area. About 8 months ago I found a seed in some Mr. Nice (according to the club is really a G13xHashplant) and two seeds in some Big Bud. These medical growers are pretty reliable as far as knowing what they are growing so I'm trusting that. I grew these plants, one of the Big Buds was a boy and I bred it with the two females.

Unfortunately, there was a mix up when they were young and since I've never grown these strains before there was some confusion as to which was Big Bud and which was the Mr. Nice. One plant finished around 7 weeks and was significantly taller than the other plant which was more bushy, but had purple hues like the Mr. Nice. The taller plant produced lighter colored, and slightly smaller, seeds than the shorter one which was a heavier producer despite it's 18" height at finish.

So now I'm growing the offspring from seed in a Ocean Forest and Perlite mix, with Grow Big Nutrients and R.O. H20 cycles. I'm growing 10 plants (started like 30 but had some rooting issues with the peat pods) I have them under eight 27w Daylight CFL's, and two 46w Softwhite CFLs in reflective clamp lights for around 300w power and maybe 18,000 lumens total, but one light per plant basically.

There is definitely a difference between the strains, as you'll see in the pictures. Both of these plants are around 3-4 weeks since germination but the growth difference as far as foliage goes is pretty incredible. In the pictures the smaller plant actually has as many nodes as the larger plant, so the difference is definitely in the genetics, as these are clearly two very different strains.

I've looked online to find pictures of Big Bud and Mr. Nice seedlings and from what I've seen neither looks like my super plant. So I'm wondering what you guys think about what my super plant is. Is it just some really good Big Bud genes? Or is it a cross-breed? Anyone with experience growing these strains would be a really great help for me.

So Seriously, What the hell am I growing?

2. Your growing marijuana!!! kidding, i cant tell you for sure but all i can say is they are looking damn good and will def turn out to be beautiful!

3. Haha, no effing way? Cannabis? And that guy at home depot seemed so honest about the geraniums...
    I have 4 others plants which look very similar to my beautiful super plant, so it looks like the genes are not unique to this single plant, but available in all the offspring.
    It's my guess that the early finish plant with the lighter colored seeds was the Mr. Nice plant, and that my 6" wide x 2" tall plant is a cross breed G13xHashplantxBig Bud. I'm sure I'm not the first person on the planet to cross them, but I'm VERY happy with the results.
    My plan is to take the most awesome of these cross breeds and breed them with Blueberry and Super Skunk to really harness those Indica genes which seem very strong. Then, maybe after a while of dialing in my nutes and everything I'll cross with a Sativa, like Thai, Mexican, or if I ever find my Durban Poison seeds that strain. Still, that's way in the future.

I might as well call it whatever I want right? Being that I'm only guessing at what it is. I've decided to call my super plant "Element Zero" as its probably going to be my starting point to develop my own unique strain. Though, a part of me wants to call it "Greenway" because that's the club I got the seeds from.

4. Here are some more pictures of the unknown awesome plant. Someone must have seen something like this before!