Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Vermolas, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Yesterday I attempted at making firecrackers. It was not a complete failure because 2 hours into it I started getting high but it was just a strong buzz, nothing special.

What I did was grind up about .7 grams.
    Thent I spread nutella on four graham crackers, (making 2 firecrackers).
    Sprinkled the bud on top and then put them in the oven at 325 degrees for abut 20 minutes.
    Let cool off andthen munched?

What did I do wrong?

Maybe putting tinfoil over the thing while its in the oven?
    Eating on an emptier stomach?

2. For the best results i'd use a gram or more.
    Also tin foil and an empty stomach help.
    Add a bit of vegetable oil to the Nutella for added absorption of THC. :smoke:

3. #3 BadKittySmiles, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2011
    Like TheJoy said, try adding more oil.

Also, if you're intent on sticking with the firecrackers rather than taking it further and making a proper oil, you can make your 'cracker less of a 'worst-case-scenario' edible by heating longer, and allowing it to sit for a day or two after heating to promote bioavailability. You should also decarb your herb, first.

Processing is crucial. It makes the difference between an intense 15-30 minute cerebral onset with long lasting, narcotic effects, and using more material just to wait two or three hours for it to kick in, with less of an overall buzz. With a properly made oil, you should need much less than you would normally smoke in a single session, to achieve a much stronger effect. The more corners you cut during processing, the more material you're going to need.

For instance, an average dose for a properly made oil is 0.35g, and most folks who either don't smoke every day or who are new to edibles, need to start with half a dose that size. A firecracker on the other hand, needs at least .5 - 1g, even for patients with a lower tolerance.

Due to their reduced processing and lack of bioavailability, firecrackers often don't work at all for people who are regular or heavy (multiple times per day, each day) tokers, whose bodies are accustom to regular, and more rapid cannabinoid delivery. A firecracker simply can't keep up with their systems demands, it can't flood the bloodstream with cannabinoids nearly as effectively as a well made oil, almost regardless how much canna the cracker has been loaded with.

Hope this helps :)

4. Bake at lower temp ~275 should do it

5. thanks for the help guys.

I smoke from 3-4 times a day er day so my toleranc is pretty high but I thought .7 grams was enough to get me baked with edibbles.

From your experience is it easy and more worth while to make cannabutter?

All I have to do is melt a stick of butter and weed in a pot right?