What am i doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mr.NiceGuy, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Growing PowerPlant Dutch Passion

INFO:

1. Hydro: I am currently using rockwool and hydroton in a bubble bucket, with two 1 inch air stones.

2. I only have one plant with 128watts of CFL on it 6500k

3. Temp is 74-80 degrees, humiidty is 30-40%, have a fan blowing sometimes

4. I am using spring water mixed with a little bit of tap i left out over night

5. PH shoots up really high for example last night i made sure it was at 5.7 and this morning i woke up and there were tons of bubbles and weird odor, and film in the bucket, the PH was also 8.5. How can ph shoot up so fast over night? PPM is 225

6. Using foxfarm nutrients (grow big) at 1/4 nutes

7. Plant is 14 days old very small stunted growth, also has discoloration on leaves, leaves also twisting and no growth

8. like before i'm in a bubble bucket its been 14 days

Please tell me what i'm doing wrong?

First i thought it was the lights being to close so they got burned, then i thought it was lack of nutes because i didnt give any to my plant but its only 14 days old.

2. #2 shafro, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
    Whats the question?
    Any Pix?
    Also can you break it down for me. How many bulbs makes up the 128 watts. Just checking to see if thats the actual wattage and not the incandescant that it compares too.

3. sounds like theres something up with the bubble bucket to me dude, just guessing though. soz i can't be of any more help

4. #4 Mr.NiceGuy, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009

2x64 watt cfl 6500k 3,400 lumens per light its not the incandescent

I want to know why my plant has stopped growing and why its leaves are turning yellow/browning

Sorry no camera for pics

5. I'd add more light at your earliest convenience. But I agree that something is going on inside your bucket. Change the water out of your entire system ASAP.

6. 400:) is nothing. I never heard of a 64 watt bulb.
    My light(400 hps) is 50,000 lumens + the cfls

7. it sounds like you have either nute build up in the bucket or pond scum. empty and rinse the bucket really good (scrub it no chemicals). then mix your nutes in the bucket and test , if you have a good size root ball you will have to watch it close. cause you will rinse off the root ball and the old nutes will make it go up too after you add your fresh water. i dont mean rinse the root ball it will do it on its own when you change your water. if you have brown build up on the bottom on the bucket i would say thats why. make sure you clean the bucket out completly everytime you change you water. cause are your leaves yellowing from the points inward , and look burnt after it has been doing this for about a week ? if so that is the problem. i had the same problem before and that is what fixed it for me.