Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ashley Gonzalez, Dec 19, 2016.

1. In case you haven't realized, I'm new to smoking weed
    to get straight to the point I've been smoking out a pipe and I think I'm doing it right because I do get high, but after all that I still don't know if I'm smoking it right

After taking a couple hits and noticing my weed is black it really hurts my throat to take a hit and I can't stop coughig which I know is normal, but it never happens to me in the beginning only when it's black

Are you supposed to mix it at all while you're smoking? Because I know it's supposed to turn white when it's done and I always waste my weed because I don't smoke it after it turns black because it hurts so damn much

I've seen people tap their pipes before and I read somewhere throwing weed away when it's black is like throwing away a half empty soda can

My ultimate question is, am I doing something wrong or am I being a lil B? Just not used to it yet? Thanks so much! I just think it's weird it never happens after my first few puffs

2. change your weed source, what you're smoking hasn't been proprely cured/
    or is full of residual nutrients, harsh for the throat.

That's why it's not turning white, unless it's really damp?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah chances are the guy who grew it didn't flush the nutrients out enough. When you're growing a weed plant you feed it nutrients to help it grow healthy and before harvest you stop feeding it nutrients and give it just water so the end result is less harsh, the guy who grew your weed either didn't do that long enough or at all.

It really isn't a big deal you could try using a pipe/bong with water filtration or using a vape and that would reduce harshness. If that's not an option, take smaller hits and use the carb on your pipe to mix more air with the smoke.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Depending on how much of this particular cannabis you have a water cure will help. Submerge in water and change the water once of twice a day for 7 days, then dry and smoke. The water cure should remove traces of nutrients left in your buds. It also removes chlorophyll and make the smoke milder.

5. Yes you're wasting weed, also as others have said it should burn until a white/grayish ash remains. But if it's really that harsh try a bong and for extra smoothness I highly recommend putting crushed ice in the bong water. Best of luck.

6. You're being a little bitch, but young toker, in time, your lungs too will harden and you'll be able to pull huge hits without coughing.

For me, usually when I cough it's becsuse 1.) I took a huge hit, or 2.) When it get's black the cherry get's a little hotter, thus, harsher hits, or even 3.) I haven't smoked for MONTHS so I have to retrain my revirginitized lungs.

You're going to cough either way, Apprentices do it, Seasoned tokers do it, and even old timers who have been smoking before half of us were even born do it. Sometimes a smooth green hit tickles the back of your throat and you go into a coughing spell.

• Like Like x 1