Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by italian thing, Sep 6, 2012.

1. I am new to smoking and am facing a few issues. I smoked for the first time a month ago from a joint, but I didn't roll it myself. It burned nicely and was easy to hit, but it was really hot in my lungs. Is that due to me hitting it poorly or is that just how it is? Secondly, I rolled my first joint today with Joker brand papers, and it didn't go too well. It burned very fast and was basicly charred when I was done. Any tips on how to not make it burn so quickly?

2. The looser the paper is wrapped around the bud, the faster it will burn.
    A quick Search on Youtube will give a great video or 500. I'd find a link for you but Youtube is being weird for me.

In regards to the original question, it's very normal for the smoke to feel hot in your lungs. That means you're doing it right.

Next time just try not to take as big of a hit on the joint until you're more accustomed to the smoke as you inhale. Don't worry, it doesn't take long.

P.S. If you're new to smoking I'd just stick to something you don't have to roll to smoke.. Like a bowl or a bong. Heck, even knife hits! But rolling is becoming a lost art, so it's up to you.

3. spend 15-20 bucks for a gas station spoon. you'll never regret it