What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Stankydank28, Jun 15, 2012.

1. So I've tried to grow before and it's been failing every time.

The first time I tried it, I think the temp wasn't right for it. So I waited until it got as warm as it could get. Tried it again...Nada.

Lately, I have been doing the paper-towel method of germinating and it's made the germ swell like it's supposed to, but with a very small sprout that doesn't seem to grow.

Then for whatever reason the germ gets really soft and gooey and I end up throwing the seed outside and trying again.

I've tried Miracle-Gro Potting Mix...Nothing. I've used soil from the woods behind my house that's really dark and rich in nutrients...Nothing.

Maybe I over-water or under-water. How much is too much?

What am I doing wrong? Luckily I have a bunch more seeds to try with and I get them either free or discounted from my friend, so my resources aren't limited.

2. Try Pro-mix, Miracle grow is eh. too much water is soaked soil and too dry is obviously dusty, keep it damp but not soaked. If you're attempting to grow outside you may want to sprout inside then move them after sprouting.

3. I'm just trying to grow inside then maybe move it up into the woods. I live so far away from civilization that one or two plants won't be noticed.

I have a seed in a cup right now on my window sill and I'm hoping that it will sprout. I didn't try to germinate it first. I didn't use the MG stuff, I just used regular dirt.

Why is this so hard?

4. Gotta germinate my friend!!! get yourself some fluorescent lights and sprout with those 18 hours on 6 off. Get pro-mix, it will make a big difference, did you also do drainage holes in your cup along with gravel on the bottom of the cup?

5. This is what i was told to do by a mate with 20 plus years experience. Place seeds between moist tissue between 2 plates and place in a dark area. When tap roots are visible but not to long put them into your fully soaked soil with cling film or a dome covering them and put back into a dark place and leave alone. Within a week they should sprout. seedling don't need any additional nutrients other than what they already have in the first set of round smooth leaves you will see first. Only water when your soil is dry and start a light feeding after a few weeks. Hope this helps..

6. Oh and one important thing is to make sure you have good drainage in your soil. If you don't then you need to add about 20% perlite to it..

7. Thanks everyone for your help!!! I guess I'll try it again and see what happens. I'll germinate, make drainage holes, and make sure everything is kept warm.

8. germ using a cup of distilled water wait until tap root is pushing out of seed not just cracked

use organic soil miracle grow will work but it has to be organic containing no ferts the ferts will kill ur plants