What am I doing wrong / need advice.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PH 420, Nov 2, 2012.

1. The title says it all. Tell me everything I'm doing wrong from these pics. She is a little over two weeks old and I do not want her to be tall for obvious reasons. When should I apply the LST to the plant(what height or age)? And when and how low in the soil can I plant her stalk goes. about 2.5" before leave get there.

Keep in mind I want her to be as small(just not tall as shit) as possible.

I also want to transfer her, can I put her in a pot to about an inch from the first blades? And how big / what kind of pot do you recommend.

Anyone's help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Attached Files:

2. What's your light source?
    Two weeks from when?

Your lights need to be closer I think.

3. dude tye it over if it gets to tall itl bend and still grow if you need stealth id recommend a clone their smaller

4. [quote name='"dalars"']What's your light source?
    Two weeks from when?

Your lights need to be closer I think.[/quote]

This is what I have to work with and she sprouted on Oct 17.

Attached Files:

5. [quote name='"Randybutternubs"']dude tye it over if it gets to tall itl bend and still grow if you need stealth id recommend a clone their smaller[/quote]

My locational situation will only allow a stealth seed grow esp since I'm the only one I know with a 'green child'.

6. well you can tie it over and make like an upside down U and the plant will grow fine water every other day and give it more light try a big hps and stick a small fan in there

7. #7 PH 420, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2012
    [quote name='"Randybutternubs"']stick a small fan in there[/quote]

I have a fan that is used every time the light is on for a few hours of the day. Is that enough?

Also what type / size of pot should be used?

8. Ok, here's the scoop.

get those lights as close as possible.

keep it in the pot it is in for a few more weeks or until you see roots coming out the bottom.
    Transplant it into a 2 gal when it's time.

The whole fan thing is no big issue with one plant of that size.
    Unless there is a heat issue.

CFL are cooler and work better than Floro's (IMHO)

Don't start LST until there is growth coming from the main stem, at the leaf junctions.
    That's many weeks from now.

9. In addition to what dalars said, I've got a couple things to add:

1) untie the stem and get rid of that stake. You want to strengthen up the stem, and that's never going to happen if you have it staked up. Also, having a gentle fan blowing on it constantly will help.

2)You need to strengthen the stem before you start LST. Also, wait until you transplant into the final pot to start LST.

10. yea, you need constant airflow, at least for most of the day. especially at the early of the growing stage.

if she's that tiny, and you already need to have her staked you are gonna have a lot of problems with drooping and collapsing as it gets older.

11. #11 PH 420, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2012
    [quote name='"ILLOGIK"']
    if she's that tiny, and you already need to have her staked you are gonna have a lot of problems with drooping and collapsing as it gets older.[/quote]

The reason for the stake is to make sure the wind doesn't knock her down in case it blows too hard. The strings tied to it are 1 small noose that is not physically attached to the stalk so it is a bit loose and 1 large noose for when the stalk grows and we'll cut the small one.

I am taking it out though, I'm also a little concerned about the plant getting a little cold instead of warm (pretty chilly at our place). And when the fan is on that foil isn't doing much.

Is there a simple cheap way to increase the temp a bit?

12. Add two more lights. Extension cord $3, plug in light socket $2 y-adapter fot light $2.50 and 2 23 watt cfls $8

If too cold, use a plant blanket