Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What am I coughing up?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by GioDG, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Hey, so I smoke regularly. At least 3-5 times a day, if not more, with tob. I use a tall glass bong as my device. Well I've been coughing up a lot of grey-black mucous material for about a month now, getting a bit worse and now I've been wheezing when I breathe. This common among other smokers? Anything I can do to help clear out my lungs?

2. Possibly resin from the smoke. Never had this

3. Gonna try a swap and see if using another unit will maybe have different effects.

4. I think maybe leaving out the tobacco may help. Can you take a t break for a couple of weeks and see if you get better? This is not something I would ignore- especially the wheezing. I am not a tobacco smoker, and only a once a week cannabis smoker. In any case, I hope it gets better.
    Or instead of a t break, perhaps a change in method- perhaps tincture or edibles for a couple of weeks to give your lungs a rest. I seriously would stop the tobacco, though. Good luck, mate!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Is your bong dirty as fuck?

6. It is probably tar from the tobacco. I couldn't imagine taking deep breaths of that junk and holding it in as you take a hit has to be bad for your health. Try weed alone it is bronchodilator and not cancerous. If that persist I would lay off smoke for a while and see a doctor about possible acute bronchitis or even asthma.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Still happens to me all the time. It's from the res from the smoke. Because bud is a vasodilator, it actually opens up your blood vessels and allows your lungs to cough up and rid your lungs of the res.

Tobacco smoke, though, is a vasoconstrictor - stifling you from getting rid of the tar since it closes up the blood vessels in your lungs.

8. Thanks for the feedback folks, sounds like I'm cutting the tabbacky from my wacky and see if that clears things up. If all else fails I'm gonna take a break, see my doc. Thinkin about maybe getting a vaporizer too, see if maybe a whole new set-up will change things up a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Commonly known as "black lung" amongst the smoking crowd. Anyone that's been a longtime weed smoker will usually cough up the black speckled phlegm in the morning. It's very very common. Just like how your bong or pipe accumulates resin over time....so do the lungs and throat. Nothing to really worry about.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Whoops! Sorry!

I thought this was the yummy thread.

dilligaf

11. As long as you don't hack up one of your ankle bones, you are ok amigo. That is your body getting rid of something it does not need.

Squeeze a little lemon on it, place it on a saltine & presto, change-oh.....oyster, untouched by human hands.:love-m3j:

12. Look, I have been smoking tob and bud 24/7 for 8 years straight, I have never coughed up anything or her then the white/yellow or the rare sickly off-green. You may want to see a doctor.

Sent from my LGL34C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  13. I smoke spliffs (tobacco and weed) everyday and every so often i will cough up something similar. Happens more often when im under the weather. Black tinted mucas is consistent with tobacco use and like others have suggested not that dangerous (short term anyway). Just cut out tobbaco and use a vap if you want to be tar free

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. It can also happen from just smoking cannabis. I don't touch tobacco, and especially when my allergies flair up, I will cough of specks of black, it is the cilia in your lungs clearing out the tar, it actually happens less with tobacco smokers because tobacco paralyzes the cilia in your lungs, unlike cannabis smoke: Coughing up Black Mucus: Causes and Treatments | New Health Advisor

• Like Like x 2
  15. If you've had this for only a month and it's getting worse you should see a doc. Gray isn't really a bad color for sputum but since it's new it needs to be evaluated. Do you have a history of asthma?

• Like Like x 1