What advanced nutrients should I use?(want to drop lucas formula)

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Subiebotz, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Exactly..... Call me whatever, I made it to B..... Solid post

2. You're talking about precision engineering and prestige. Completely unrelated to paying more for one bottle of exactly the same thing over another.

This is the argument you, and everyone else, seems to be missing; that the connoisseur blend is the same stuff you could make yourself for no more than a few dollars, but it's sold for hundreds.

A few people don't like my use of the word naive. that's fine with me. A lot of people agree with me on this, a lot don't. We know where each other stands and everyone has the right to an opinion.

My opinion is if you spend hundreds of dollars on something which costs pennies to make, for no reason than you know little about what you're buying, then you're green, naive, call it what you want. That's my opinion and I really don't care if people are offended by that. I'm not going to lie.

Btw zero, I looked at your thread. Are you 100% happy with how the plants look towards the end?

3. #63 TheWatcher, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
    You mean through my posts? Write that one down. It's quite a commonly used word.

Anyway.... canna fan? actually I don't use canna nutes at all. Not sure where you got that from. I'm not into the fanboy thing to be honest. I've used quite a few brands and a lot of them only differ in concentration really.

Anything else you need to get off your chest?

4. I've just read your thread "who has used advanced nutrients"

Did I say naive? Shit, I was being polite.

This is a genuine response from that thread:

"now they are pushing Connoisseur to be the greatest thing ever. I believe them..."

:D

No fucking word of a lie, that is a genuine, non sarcastic response from a poster in that thread... I had a belly laugh at that one though, so it's not all bad.

A fool and his money eh?

5. keep laughing...

I make 60K a year... call me a fool all you want... Ill toss money at the situation... I don't think you can

6. I didn't call you a broke fool did I?

And with regards the second bit, I don't need to ;)

7. #67 zeroshawdow, Jul 11, 2012
    [quote name='"TheWatcher"']

You're talking about precision engineering and prestige. Completely unrelated to paying more for one bottle of exactly the same thing over another.

This is the argument you, and everyone else, seems to be missing; that the connoisseur blend is the same stuff you could make yourself for no more than a few dollars, but it's sold for hundreds.

A few people don't like my use of the word naive. that's fine with me. A lot of people agree with me on this, a lot don't. We know where each other stands and everyone has the right to an opinion.

My opinion is if you spend hundreds of dollars on something which costs pennies to make, for no reason than you know little about what you're buying, then you're green, naive, call it what you want. That's my opinion and I really don't care if people are offended by that. I'm not going to lie.

Btw zero, I looked at your thread. Are you 100% happy with how the plants look towards the end?[/quote]

Same way use the word naive to refer to others. That's fine by me that you can't relate a simple word "CHOICE" and once again if the product did not work, why they still in business ?

To answer your question above ^^^^ I'm 100% satisfied ! Ufff I cannot stress enough, how satisfied I am. I feel like having a Bugatti for nutrients right now ! :laughing:

You certainly gave me another perspective ... I found the light ! *** hallelujah ***

AN is a BIG RIPOFF ! :laughing: just joking !

How cannot be the same analogy driving a 545 is the same as 750 ! both have tires, seats, chassis, windows, power control, etc ! however the engine is not the same and the price tag will spike a little :laughing: ... but it will take me where I want to go from A to B ! However it seems being naive to you, it really means us having no respect for the money then and that is ok. Not everybody enjoy class, the ones who cannot have it always complain or at least that is what I perceive from the rest of the world. Not you ... but the rest of the world ! :rolleyes::D

In the end you buy, what you can afford. If you have used in the past, the connoisseur line and feel is no noticeable difference ... I got a solution for you ... DON'T BUY IT VERY SIMPLE. However if you buy it again ... shame on you !

One question for you, have you read the thread title ? how are you helping here to the OP ?

P.S. - I have nothing against you or anyone who do not like AN. But I will defend my position if someone calls us the AN users "naive" for just like their products and have no evidence to sustain their words. You show to me the proof; that sustain AN is selling the same Connoisseur A & B Plant Food from the exact formulation of Sensi or M-G-B and I will personally file a motion at the court house and show it to you !

Peace

8. #68 jakesterjammin, Jul 11, 2012
    Ya shouldn't be calling anyone, anything, here @ GrassCity....
    We all need to respect other's opinions...

When you start a thread with two words in the title it sure brings out the sign holders being for or against...

Now, let me get this clear before I start off on a stoned rant... :D
    I use AN, GH, H&G, and a few others, but on my main garden's 55gal has AN in it...

Could NOT agree more!!!
    Really the whole line up, not just the base nutes....
    And your statement which I would like to comment on is in bold...

This past 5-6yrs now I have been doing a LOT of research into nutrients and nutrient companies and what I found is not ONLY limited to AN's product's line up, but it's WIDE SPREAD...

ALL NUTRIENT COMPANIES ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF ALL OF US GROWERS being cannabis or our food crops....

Here is my take on pH Perfect, so I do not have to relive that whole rant again.... :D
    http://forum.grasscity.com/hydropon...rog-ebb-gro-monster-grow-34.html#post15053556

AN pushes the "set it and forget it" (pH Perfect) which they ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE TOO YET!!
    On the other hand, IMHO, they are closer than any other nutrient company...

Now, the question everyone seems to fight over...
    And I bet if this was a room as opposed to the internet, there would be fucking fist fights over this shit... :rolleyes:

COST.............................

Is AN worth it????

The answer is: (drum roll please)
    There is NO answer!!!!!!!!!

It's a PERSONAL CHOICE ONLY!!!
    Fuck, I just now got a stable environment above the soil line and now below where I can use other nutrients line ups..

That's the key and what AN is targeting...
    From someone which has studied hydroponic horticulture in general, I feel AN is in fact WAY over priced and YES they are praying on cannabis growers looking for a cut of the "Cash Crop" market..... Also YES, they pray on people which do not know better, and just want a good fucking crop...

But again, you're right 95% of growers KNOW NOTHING about WHY, and they are doing what they are told....
    THUS, the topic of this thread "What advanced nutrients should I use?".............................

Most noobs without holding their hand step by step, will fail in hydroponics.... WHY???
    Because they do not know better....

I have a friend which was a noob, and he made a statement to me which I'm sure is made a billion times over...
    "if the chamber should be 78* tops, what's wrong with 81-82*??"
    Or
    "if the res should be no more than 70*, what's wrong with 75-76*???"

Then it's ALWAYS followed up with, "the plants seem fine to me".....
    Little do they know about the microscopic world happening in the nutrient and medium, and how just a little higher temp effects their world, because they are what keeps the Nitrification (Google it) process balanced.... Once you upset or not even know about the Nitrification process, than you need AN... LMFAO

People need to understand Newton's laws of motion....
    "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction"..................

Raise the temp on the microbes (which are helping to balance this Nitrification process) making their environment inhospitable and what is the reaction??? They die off, or are killed off because bacteria has become stronger because now you're in the range they thrive in, what did you just unknowingly do????

Most likely you're going to have a constant pH climb... ;)

I seen one dude that bought the WHOLE pH Perfect line, after 12hrs his pH was 6.7...
    So what does AN tell him????
    "That's FINE, our nutrients work in ANY pH range from 4.0 to 8.0..." :eek:

Come to find out, his res temps was in the upper 70s to low 80s...
    Corrected that temp issue and the pH climb become less and less, and then by weeks end, rock solid at 5.9....
    Because it took a little while for the nitrification wheel to start rolling again...

Also, I do not want to confuse anyone when I'm speaking of nitrification, as this happens on a microscopic level..

Point being, what I said earlier in this rent... LOL
    "I just now got a stable environment above and now below where I can use other nutrients line ups.."

And why AN feels they can get "Perfect pH"....
    They are trying to balance this nitrification process, and the reason they will ONLY Guarantee the product if you use EXACTLY what bundle you choose...

So if you choose the "Hobbyist" you MUST USE ONLY VooDoo Juice, Big Bud, B-52, and Overdrive...
    Or they will NOT guarantee pH Perfect....

WHY??? Marketing ploy??? I used to think so.... ;)

Why do I use it, because I what I said above, what I said in the post I linked too, and I cannot get enough time to go into my garden to trim it up that is BADLY needed, and has been needed for a while now......

One word....
    Convenience.......................

To the OP, my advise to you, and everyone really.....
    Do NOT just ask what to use, ask WHY too!!!
    And if you do not get a straight answer, start researching WHY, and you'll be shocked at what you may find...

So I just chucked in my 2 chillings.....
    Keep up the fight to grow and whatever nutrient you choose, may ALL your crops be MASSIVENESS... :D

Not sure if that's a word or not, but sounded good stoned.... :confused_2:

9. That's interesting, because your plants don't look 100% healthy. I'm not saying it's the fault of the nutes, but that I'm finding it hard to understand why people talk about results, when the results they're getting aren't any better than those using a single bottle of $3 tomato food. Strange. That's all.

Everyone has choice. It's the fact that their choice is based on the fact they don't know what they're buying, it's that simple. Most of them have never grown cress before and nute companies know this. It's not just AN either, they're all at it, to varying degrees.

One question: You said "You show to me the proof; that sustain AN is selling the same Connoisseur A & B Plant Food from the exact formulation of Sensi or M-G-B and I will personally file a motion at the court house and show it to you !"

So, obviously you think that the Connoisseur blend is a completely different formulation, right?

What do you think is different about it?

10. I'm finding it hard to understand why people talk shit about using a $3 bottle of all purpose tomato nutrient and then question someone else when they, their self, have posted NO proof said $3 bottle of all purpose tomato nutrient works the same as say GH, H&G, AN, etc. etc.

:rolleyes:

Great example......
    I argued days with a MF about LEDs, and come to find out, the dude has NEVER grown a cannabis plant... :eek:
    What looks good on paper, does NOT always work in the REAL WORLD here on Earth....

As a good friend says...
    Pics or it NEVER happened......

In other words, after making a statement like that, put up the proof side by side or you're creditably here with the
    posters is as good as the shit I flushed this morning.... ;)

:wave:

11. #71 zeroshawdow, Jul 11, 2012

That's interesting, because your plants don't look 100% healthy. I'm not saying it's the fault of the nutes, but that I'm finding it hard to understand why people talk about results, when the results they're getting aren't any better than those using a single bottle of $3 tomato food. Strange. That's all.

Everyone has choice. It's the fact that their choice is based on the fact they don't know what they're buying, it's that simple. Most of them have never grown cress before and nute companies know this. It's not just AN either, they're all at it, to varying degrees.

One question: You said "You show to me the proof; that sustain AN is selling the same Connoisseur A & B Plant Food from the exact formulation of Sensi or M-G-B and I will personally file a motion at the court house and show it to you !"

So, obviously you think that the Connoisseur blend is a completely different formulation, right?

What do you think is different about it?[/quote]

Once again ... show me the proof ... you are the one who claims that is exactly the same. I have never said is the same, that is all you. However at this point and based on your response after everything I said and asked you ... I feel, I'm having a conversation with my "Mother-in-Law", therefore pointless, empty and vague ...

Have a happy life and I hope you keep buying Connoisseur A&B and make the owners AN richer than before ! :laughing:

Bye, bye and next time choose your word better. Because calling me "naive" (I'm a AN user, therefore you called me naive) and to make such statement, I will ask for evidence, proof something tangible.

I need to take care of my not 100% healthy plants :laughing:

12. One word for you: Context.

Calm down, research a bit, then you'll get why I said what I said.

I don't use tomato food, but I would expect to have plants at least as healthy as zeros if I did. If you don't know what I mean by that, please, go and find out.

13. #73 TheWatcher, Jul 11, 2012
    In other words, you haven't got a clue. Have you? Why don't you just be honest about it?

I asked you the question for a reason. You ducked it for a reason.

Do you think the connoisseur blend is a different formula to the NPK that everyone else uses? Yes or no. It's a very simple question.

The fact is, you've got no idea whether there's any difference at all.

Say no more.

14. Oh, I thought you was saying tomato nutrient is just as good as GH, AN, H&G, etc... :eek:
    Ya, I do not have time to keep up with my journal more less read others and get involved in them....
    I get a lot of PM requests for help, and I'll post my thoughts to help them.....

Yes they are different.....
    But the difference between the base 3 part, 2 part, connoisseur, and I believe Jungle Juice, is so small, it does not matter to the plants, base is base, and it's the additives which are what make or break the quality and quantity of the yield...

I use G/M/B because it's the cheapest but want to try the Jungle Juice to compare that to the 3 part base...
    Because it's $6 cheaper on the 4L bottles....

My last run, from a 3'x8' / 4 plant scrog, I got like 8-10 of these 1/4lb buds.... ;)

Attached Files:

15. #75 zeroshawdow, Jul 11, 2012

In other words, you haven't got a clue. Have you? Why don't you just be honest about it?

I asked you the question for a reason. You ducked it for a reason.

Do you think the connoisseur blend is a different formula to the NPK that everyone else uses? Yes or no. It's a very simple question.

The fact is, you've got no idea whether there's any difference at all.

Say no more.[/quote]

Hi, Mrs. Mother-In-Law ! it was a ... wonderful and magnificent ... waste of my time, lol

We want proof ! We want proof ! We want proof !

Proof or didn't happen ! :laughing:

P.S. - still waiting for the proof you claim ... and please oh, please quote my whole post and answer question by question.

Got Connoiseur A&B ?, like the "Got Milk ?" slogans !

Feel free to back track my quotes and what I have posted to you since you in this thread a while ago, that way you won't embarass yourself ... btw everyone here knows you are desperate and clinging to anything at this point ... that's a fact ! OUCHY !

16. [quote name='"zeroshawdow"']

Hi, Mrs. Mother-In-Law ! it was a ... wonderful and magnificent ... waste of my time, lol

We want proof ! We want proof ! We want proof !

Proof or didn't happen ! :laughing:[/quote]

^^^^ I'm on this band wagon....where is the proof

17. #77 zeroshawdow, Jul 11, 2012
    [quote name='"Tihspeed"']

^^^^ I'm on this band wagon....where is the proof[/quote]

You know what's funny !

I feel like dealing with a kid out of ritalin or aderall !

Makes pull my hair because I feel the level of comprehension is the same as kindergartener, simply do not understand because he do not read or listen and always blur out the same and the same.

In the meantime ... how's everything my friend ? How's life treating Ya, my friend ?

18. To answer once again the question to the OP (always showing professionalism :D)

Start with M-G-B with no additives. Do your first plant with just that and the second with more additives and taking notes.

This my result at the same level but no better than "Tomato Plant Food" :laughing:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. [quote name='"Tihspeed"']

keep laughing...

I make 60K a year... call me a fool all you want... Ill toss money at the situation... I don't think you can[/quote]

[quote name='"zeroshawdow"']

To answer your question above ^^^^ I'm 100% satisfied ! Ufff I cannot stress enough, how satisfied I am. I feel like having a Bugatti for nutrients right now ! :laughing:[/quote]

You guys are perfect AN candidates.. Keep falling into the marketing ploy and throwing a bunch of money at em boys! :rolleyes:

The watcher is just trying to tell ya the connesuier line is basically the same as every other base nutrient out there.. But is wayyy more expensive... More so than even AN's own jungle juice line. Even JJ said that the difference is so slight that even the plants don't notice.:confused_2:

The proof that you are looking for can be found in your own wallet. I get great looking grade AA plants using a dirt cheap nute line. 20 bucks for 2 quarts of Micro and Bloom will get me almost through 2 complete cycles. Can you show me proof that a more expensive product can give better results? I think not.

20. Ya and really zeroshawdow, I mean NO DISRESPECT to you or anyone else...
    But if you look at the bud you posted and the one I did on 3 part base....
    I'm not seeing needing to spend the extra money....

And that bud was from the last Sensi Star scrog I finished like 3mo ago...
    Grant you, it's a high yielding Indica strain, but dam man, a 1/4lb bud....
    And not just 1 which could have been a freak, 8 to 10 of them MFers....

Can I get better off Connoisseur A&B?????? :confused_2:

Personally with results like that, I don't give a shit, I'm going to save my money.... ;)

Keep up the fight to grow guys and gals!!
    :wave: