What about this mini setup.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Maiko1, Oct 13, 2009.

1. My grow box is like 55x70cm, is it good enough to grow a plant(AK47)?
    My lighting is like 85w of CLF's. I have 2 vents, one is blowing on plant and other is blowing out all the bad air.The bulbs are very close to the plant, and its growing quite fast. Im using the 18/6 method.But is it good enough when the plant gets bigger, and starts flowering?

2. more light=good

3. General rule of thumb I'm reading here on CFL's is 100 (actual) watts per plant. Depending on the variety, you might be okay, just take a hit on the yield.

4. i like how he asks about his grow space and gets replies about lighting.

to answer your questions. 70cm[28"] tall is pushing it. the plant can, and most likey will get that tall. you also need a "buffer" between the top of the plant and the bottom of your lights so the tops dont get too hot. [15cm]6" should be fine with CFL's if you have good circulation/exhaust.

if moving them into a taller cabinet isnt an option, you may want to consider LST a bit to keep the height down. you dont have to fold them in half like crazy, just ease them over a bit so they grow diagonally instead of vertically

5. Space between lights and plants are like 5 cm , i started LST today, so it wont get too high, and side branches get more light.

6. If i get 250w hps will it be good for that grow box? thinking of getting bigger one.

7. I risk saying ur box is too small for 250W HPS and chances are you'll make a DIY Microwave Oven.

Stick with the CFL's. Move them closer. You can hang them as much as 1" away from the plants.

The light Intensity formula says: I = L/D²

So, bulbs are measured at 1feet to determine lumen output. If it says 2500 lumen, it's 2500 lumen at 12".

Say you move them closer to 1", you'd get 12x 2500 lumen.

Also, if you get a HPS, it has a heat problem. You would have to put it higher, thus hindering the lumen output for your plants, even though it's a more potent bulb.

8. The ballast n stuff will be out of box, so if i have intake and exchaust good enough to cool it down will it work then? wut u mean by diy microwave oven?

9. He means that if you try and use a 250w HPS in that tiny box, you are going to bake the life out of anything you keep in that box, i.e. an oven.
    The bulb puts out a metric assload of heat.

10. but if i can control the heat , will it work then?:rolleyes:

11. You'll need a crap load of stuff to control this kind of heat, and considering your setup is already small, it will take space.

I think that in your case it's easier to go with CFLs. Also, one HPS will only light the top of your plant, while multiple CFLs will light everything, giving a better yield.

12. No your grow box is way too small for an HID unless you plan on doing SOG + LST... and I'm not sure if that would work either, ask someone with experience.

DIY Microwave means that a 250w HPS bulb would make your grow box as hot as a microwave oven and roast your buds like they're hot pockets.

(DIY = Do It Yourself)

13. When your buds are done maturing, you could put to use that 250W HID and attach a tube to the top of the box, so you make a superduppermegazordoverlorddamnedawesomestylish bong!

14. what if i get 85cm*55cm closet?

15. 85*100cm closet is fine?

16. I'd suggest putting a thermometer or two in your closet and keep an eye on the temp, but the size seems to be OK, I've made use of smaller before!

17. temperature is now 27 'c that's perfect temp , yeh?