Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What About the Jackets?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Astrovan, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Hey folks, I've been smoking for nearly 2 years now, and while I've learned alot, one thing has always bothered me.... Every good mj toker knows you're not supposed to smoke the seeds. But what about the little "jackets" that surround them sometimes? I've seen some that look like they've got alot of THC encrusted on the side, but I'm leery of putting it in the bowl because it's associated with the seed. So, in the trash it goes. So can anyone definitive prove if these little leafy seed encasings are smokable or not? Cheers

2. I know what you mean...I believe these are just seeds that have not developed fully yet...with just specks of kief and bud stuck to them from being compressed..

You seem like you want to use the plant to the fullest, so go buy a jar and save all those little seeds that you think theres kief stuck on them and save your stems, when you got enough, make some iso hash ;] you'll be impressed

3. When i got some shitty mids one time it took me like an 30 minutes to deseed it but some of the "jackets" were still in it after i grinded it and they smoked okay. It's not like there was like one in every bowl i smoked out of that 1/4 but out of all of them at least one had like two of the jackets and they didn't harm or make the bowl any better. And considering the mids weren't the greatest that's not saying much

4. They're fine.