What about Hydro

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by trillyen, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Hey thanks for the help l e d and hydro, hydro im definetly gonna be looking up those shops but i guess im gonna get my box built before i do any mor thinking a head and be happy

im just kinda stumped on how tall and wide i want it, id like to have about 3 ounces or weed for each yield and i wanna have enough plants in bloom to do this

i may make the box a lil longer i dont know!!!

im up for more suggestions on my grow box build/ hydro!!!!

thank u!!!

2. Figure on about a half a gram per watt when you first start out. Somewhere around 250w should be adequate for ya.

I'm running 220w of PL-L CFL lights. They're remote ballast CFLs, kinda like a T5 tube folded in half. Should be way more than enough for what you're doing.

Something around a 20x24" space would be ideal. Look for used dressers and clothes wardrobes. They're the easiest to convert. :)

3. i know i seen a clothes wardrobe at big lots i just didnt wanna drop 119 dollars on it then id have to build it cause i cant fit the floor model in my little car lol, im gonna try a grow box build first and if that dont work big lots here i come

Now do u see why i just wanted to buy a aerogarden, lol

but not now it makes since why they dont work

U already know what my next noob question is...lmao

what the heck is a PL-L

Hmm u say a half of gram per watt, thats cool not sure how to do the math on that but i hope it equals 3 to 4 ounces

i wanna have at least 10 clones going, but that may grow or decline as my grow box goes up!!!

thanks man

In my veg side i want at least 175 to 200 watss of lights and i want 250 watts on my flowering of hps

im not gonna start building to this weekend i plan to work on it all weekend!!!

thanks for the help!!!

4. I found my latest mum/veg chamber on the garbage heap next to my house 3 weeks ago. Check your local dump or the flea markets and thrift stores like salvation army. You'll find stuff for just a few dollars (if not free) and you'll be able to spend that $119 on fans and other items. :)

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute...-fixture-better-than-cfls.html?highlight=PL-L

3.5 * 8 = 28 Grams in an ounce.
    220 * .5 = 110 Grams
    110 Grams / 28 = 3.9 ounces if you screw up and end up with a half-assed grow. :D
    Count on 3 ounces. When you get really good you can probably get close to 1 gram per watt. Doubt you could pull a half pound (8oz.) but you can get at least 6oz with 4 55w PL-L lamps.

5. Yeah thanks for correcting me. Brillo will rust. Most pipe screens will be brass or aluminum for that reason. Bad example of a filter. My bad:smoking:

6. YOur cool dude we r all here to learn right!!

so yea hydro i didnt thing of going to the good will i will have to do that to bad they dont deliver huh, lol

i might b able to come across a real good man, thanks alot!!!!!

im gonna go look tomorrow before work to see whats up tomorrow heck yea

i dont think i wanna go with the pl-l lights tho hell ill run my other hallide before i go out and buy more lights and ballasts, but thanks for the thought, my veg room should be ok under about 350 watts of CFLs shouldnt it???

Man this tuff is more confusing the i remember it last time , but last time i didnt have help it was just me and my dirt and seeds, lol!!!