What a fucking awesome morning/afternoon.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by randommick, Sep 23, 2009.

1. #1 randommick, Sep 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2009
    Bolded for the lazy.

I went to bed at like 9pm last night because I was bored as hell.

I've been having trouble finding a good job, I just broke up with my girlfriend last week, and haven't been able to smoke as much as usual, because I've been a bit tighter on cash than normal.

After waking up at like 7am feeling refreshed as fuck, I walked to the store (like 2 blocks away) to buy some cigs and something to drink. I go to a place that's basically next door that I had turned an application in to like a week before. They told me they are keeping my application but are not hiring currently. Well shit.

On the way back, I stopped by a computer repair/electronics store that's nearby. I asked if they were hiring, and the guy looked me up and down and explained something to me. I hadn't really thought about it, but I was dressed like a punk. He explained to me that a lot of people come in his shop in flip flops or not dressed well and expect to get a job, and that I would show up like a professional if I was really interested. He also threw in a little bit about first impressions being important. I just stayed cool and thanked him for his time.

I knew that. I just didn't think about it as I was just running to the store.

I walked back home thinking, man, fuck this, I want to show that guy that I'm actually a pretty good guy and just because I dressed kind of grungy to go tho the store dosen't mean that I wouldn't be a good employee and that I don't have a fucking awesome work ethic.

So, I put on a real nice pair of khakis, some dress shoes, and a nice long sleeve dress shirt, covering up my tattoos. I looked fuckin' sharp for the first time in a while, and I can't lie, I kind of impressed myself.

It was hot, and as I sweat my balls off walking like a block and a half. I got there and walked in, and the guy was still standing behind the counter. When he saw me, instead of a half-frown like he had earlier, his facial expression was much more plesant this time. I told him how I wanted to come back and do things how they should be done. He asked me about my background in electronics, and I told him all about it. Iv'e been building computers/messing with electronics my entire life, did 4 years in the Marine Corps in a communications squadron, and basically explained how it would be great to turn a hobby that I enjoy so much into my line of work.

He was slightly impressed, and told me that he was in the service too, actually stationed where I was stationed in a different unit. He told me to come in tomorow morning for a "trial run", and if I do well with customer service, I'll have the job :D

As soon as I stepped into my apartment, a (fucking hot) girl that I've been interested in and talking to for the last few days texted me and asked if she could crawl in bed with me. She came over and we chilled, layin' in my bed for a while, had about an hours worth of good conversation, and we started to make out and whatnot, we started teasing each other a little bit, and then she told me she was on the rag. All well, I still sucked on them big-ass titties.

She had to go to work, so we said our goodbyes and I high-fived my roomate as she was on her way out the door.

Now I'm waiting on my dude to get off work so I can pick up a $50 quarter of some pretty damn good mids. I ran out of weed like 2 days ago but I've had friends smokin' me out, so tonight I'm gonna get together with some of the dudes and we're going to get stoned at my expense.

Things went from bad to pretty damned good recently, how's your day been so far GC?

2. haha i read the bold cuz I'm stoned but i just smoked in a tree and got attacked by a squirrel, after class and now I'm chillin getting some homework done. glad to share the joy of having a good day, and continue having one please!:D

3. You too bro. I wish everyone could have a day like this, every day.

The world would be so much more chill, haha.

4. Dude I can't get a job either. I put in apps at three different stores and not a single call back. I'm fucking broke and haven't gotten stoned in a month. (Actually I smoked a dime at my friend's house just sunday, his grass though)
    On top of that my girl of six months left me because according to her, "I'm a penniless bum and a nobody".

I'm kind of like your opposite. Its all cool runnins though. :wave:

5. Maybe you're not my opposite. If you read the first bit (don't blame you if you didn't) then you can see that basically that's what was going on with me. Maybe life is going to offer you a complete turn-around like it did me today. You never know.

6. I think I've got swine flu. That pretty much sums it up, though this week has been good. Bonus points on test on monday (my professor marked correct answers wrong), didn't go to school on tuesday cause of flooding, today was short and went by pretty fast, and tomorrow's my birthday. Oh, and then there is friday, and everyone loves friday.

7. I also think that I have swine flu. I feel like roadkill and had to work an 11 hour day today, the only redeeming thing being that we've only had like five customers all day, so pretty much just been typing away. Though I've also been dry for over a month...

8. I had swine flu a few months ago, aparently. I got quarintined and everything. They never got my culture results back to tell me if it was actually swine flu, but the fuckin' flu's the flu man, I don't buy into all this hype.

All I know is that I was sick as a dog and my temp went from 99 to 103 between the 3 times they took it while I spent like 2 hours sitting in the hospital, puking my head off.

9. Congstulations man. I just got a job as a YMCA after school program counselor. Was perfect, dressed nice and put on my responsible guy who can get shot done persona, rather than my tye dye wearing peace and weed loving hippie one.

Good vibes your may man.

10. Good job man, successful initiative plus titties, l'chaim.

11. Now there's your problem.

You need to apply at more then 3 places.

12. Yeah, feels like shit. My back hurts, my entire body is burning, my head is spinning and I'm constantly thirsty or peeing.

Well, that last part is good, means I'm drinking water.

uhhhh

13. In response to the above post:

[​IMG]

14. this made me happy :hello::hello::hello::hello::hello: