WHAT A DICK, cop punches handcuffed man in the face for no reason

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by GreyMatterTripp, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Of course this isn't suprising, but what a fat piece of shit this cop is for hitting this guy when he's handcuffed and walking with the officers showing no signs of resistance.

[ame=http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c2c_1310849859]LiveLeak.com - Officer relieved of duty after punching suspect[/ame]

2. happens every day.

3. A lot of cops are just in it for the power trip.

This guy is clearly one of them. I can't think of a greater immediate abuse of power than punching a fucking handcuffed person in the face.

4. wtf? that wasn't even exceptionally violent just a massive dick move.

5. They don't give a fuck about us.

6. I couldn't listen to the audio; however, just watching the video: extremely unprofessional and illegal. However, it doesn't appear to show any of what led up to the altercation and/or any of the back story of the detention...I'm just saying...this sort of situation exposes a fundamental fact that most people don't seem to comprehend: what we expect is so much however what we're willing to pay and allow is so little. the way the average police officer is recruited, trained, and maintained is not usually sufficient to result in the retention of super-star people. this isn't something that just plagues police departments but also school districts, social workers, and other government run agencies and private companies with little to no competition. usually it seems as though people write this off with the phrase: "i'd rather have someone who really cares than someone who's the best but is indifferent". I find, like most things, that this phrase really depends upon the specifics: in this case, the level of ineptitude combined with the level of indifference/desire...anyways, stepping away from my stream of consciousness and back to my original thought...i just think we are all concurrent members of numerous societies and should really take a hard look at our expectations (specifically of law-enforcement) and see if they are truly reasonable...especially considering the limitations and restrictions imposed in the quest to meet those expectations...that being said: odds are the cop in this is vid is egotistical and has anger issues and perhaps shouldn't be a cop in the perfect world...just my initial reaction to this thread...

7. Disgusting

8. Well I guess we now know which cop was humiliated during the chase.

9. It was just a tap, compared to a real punch, or worse yet a nightstick or a black jack - and we don't know what the suspect allegedly did prior to the scene recorded on the video.

10. Regardless of what he said no one deserves to be punched while handcuffed. Period.

11. true, there's no excuse for it. You know our society is messed up when we breed aggressive, bloodthirsty people like these by the thousands. And I'm not talking about criminals.

12. There are many, many people that deserved to be punched several times in the face while handcuffed. You're saying a rapist or a cold murderer doesn't deserve even a quick jab? Hell yes they do. In fact, they deserve more. Should a cop be able to do this? No.

13. What he did prior to the scene is completely irrlevant
    A policeman needs to know his job. His job is to arrest the person, not to punish him. In a civilized country, punishment is decided upon in a courtroom. Policemen who are out to punish their detainees should be punished in a courtroom as well.

Fuck if he is a cop or not. Punching someone in the face when they are posing no threat to you is a crime. This cop should be punished the same as a civilian who punches another civilian in the face.

14. Fat ass pig

15. That dude in cuffs obviously never watched this video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8]‪Chris Rock - How not to get your ass kicked by the police!‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

16. Fair enough.

17. #17 Mrgoodmoney, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2011
    haha when i was 16 cops told me they were gonna play the knock out game with me. Midget fuck didn't do anything cuz his sarge was there. Cops must get a rush from shit like that i guess.

imagine these in every precinct.
    [​IMG]

18. If you notice, when the cop punches the man, it seems as if it was in revenge for something the man personally did to the cop earlier (maybe running away from the puncher cop). Study the video and you see the cop takes their time walking all the way over to him then soon as they get close, give the punch and that's it, the cop just keeps walking.

There is no difference between 'justice' and 'revenge'.

19. #19 GreyMatterTripp, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2011
    ....except their definitions of course. :rolleyes: :smoke:

Poetic as that might sound it's incorrect. Justice has connotations of fairness and balance, a methodical process to determine the person who has done the wrong and punishing them accordingly. Who knows if JUSTICE has ever even been served.

Revenge is personal and swift, it is typically disproportionate and often viewed as a selfish act.

Even in the dictionary they are not synonymous.

20. def·i·ni·tion   
    [def-uh-nish-uhn] Show IPA
    –noun
    the act of defining or making definite, distinct, or clear.