What a bunch of losers.

Discussion in 'General' started by flower_child, Aug 3, 2006.

1. I was surfing through the tv last night looking for something worthy of my stoned eyes, and I happened upon one of those debates you see on CNN or whatever channel it was.(this is why I can't link to it)

So I stop, hoping for a good debate about global warming or 9/11 or marijuana or something badass, but what are they talking about? These three guys are talking about Mel Gibson.
    At first it's just casual but in the end it got so heated that the guy in the middle screen had to shut the other two up and go to a commercial.

It's Mel Gibson! Get a fucking life news people! We have way more serious issues than drunken celebreties that we should be worried about!

Any comments welcome...

2. Yeah, no doubt! I agree. I do think it's funny that Mel Gibson is all this hot water, but that's because I don't like him (crazy ol' Mel Gibson). But I don't think I've actually talked about it with anyone. :laughing:

3. It's actually become a profession to do nothing but talk about other peoples lives.

VH1, anyone?

4. god i hate hollywood.

5. Off-topic, but can I just say that CG Lil' Jon is creepy? Well, I did anyway. :laughing:

6. How very British. :D

I lament the newspapers every morning; why, when there are still children starving in the World, when Israel and Lebanon are bombing the shit out of each other, do I have Victoria Beckham, or, worse, Paris fucking Hilton on my front page?

I find it very hard to sympathiose with Mel Gibson, or anyone else in his position; he has enough moeny and influence to not be an addict, if he really, truly doesn't want to be one. And, to be honest, I really couldn't give a fig about him. Who does? He's just a guy, after all's said and done.

A few years back here, a well-known sports pundit referred to a black French footballer as a, 'lazy French n*gger' (or words to that effect), believeing his mic was not live. Sadly for him, it was, and we all heard it. He backpeddled fast, in much the same way that Mel is now, but (I suspect; I hope I am wrong) unlike Mel, he was not forgiven and lost his job almost instantly. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3648051.stm)

In recent weeks, he has resurfaced, and although he is now suffering the indigantion of learning French in France for a TV documentary, and is very bad at it and clearly loathing every second, he is still making column inches.

To me it is simple; if you are not a racist, you do not make racist comments; not when your mic is off, not when you are inebriated, not ever. Mel should be vilified for what he said, but then we shuld drop it and forget about it, or we risk making a martyr of sorts out of him.

7. people get drunk and do crazy stupid shit all the time. Why must we absorb ourselves in the lives of people we really shouldnt care about. Then people are like well its interesting cus they are so rich..... dont you realize, you are the ones making them rich?

It gets me heated that anyone even cares enough to talk about it, let alone publsh it in magazines and put it on the E! channel. now we need to hear about it on CNN? god i need to stop ranting.

8. i hate celebrities and what we elevate them to.

and i also hate our lack of care for humanity and our excessive care for the rich and famous.

9. For those of you who don't know, the reason they were talking about him is because of his anti-semitism. When the cop pulled him over, Gibson asked the cop if he was a Jew, and proceeded with some sort of onslaught about Jews (I don't remember what exactly), when he was released later he made a public apology, but that's the reason they were discussing him on CNN, not just because he's a celebrity getting DUI.

10. I think everyone knows this by now (about the anti-semitism). You can't really avoid hearing about it if you happen hear anything about Mel Gibson's arrest at all.