What’s the best way to stop smoking?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Kellie C Battle, Feb 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. vaping is pretty good? If you only vape for a while you’ll find that cigarettes start tasting like shit?
    Is that true? what's your guys opinion?

• Like Like x 1
  2. It kinda hard..honestly

• Like Like x 3
  3. It is very hard! I used the patch on an accelerated basis, 30 yrs ago...was done in 30 days! :) Never looked back either; and I was smoking about 3 pks a day!

• Like Like x 1
  4. @Kellie C Battle
    True..
    I've switched my weed smoking to vaping now too.. Infused hash tincture in DIY E juice so I don't do any combustion now.. Kicked cigs the hard way 5 years ago.. Now that was a nasty hard thing to get past.. 6 months down I was still looking at butts in the gutter with an eye to if they were smokable or not.. I'll just hold it a while.. GAWD that was a bitch habit to get clear of.. 40 years I smoked red coffin nails.. Wheezed when I breathed.. Took a major medical event and a week in the hospital to get me off them..
    Get off them fucking things NOW !!!
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. cigarettes taste like shit anyway lol. I was married to marlboro red box for 30 years. I quit cold turkey aftet watching my mother die from emphysema due to 40 years of smoking. The detox and withdrawl lasted 3 whole months and it was hell. That experience made me promise to myself I will never smoke again for the rest of my life. Today I am free from the bondage of nicotine. I quit on May 1, 2004, never looked back.

• Like Like x 3
  6. yeah,man, I smoke again yesterday, I can't control myself to rolling the cigarette, then I smoked the cigarette rolled by myself. :frown:

7. got it,I still can't stop myself thinking about rolling cigarette and I smoke one few hours ago.:icgreen:

8. u r so determined, but i think i can't,

9. But you really can!!!! keep trying. I do remember that I did smoke more weed during the withdrawal though.;

10. Nope not really true , what really happens you your able to taste again you may find the flavor not how you remember. When I stopped smoking vaping was the way to go real one lots of vapor it works because it replaces the nic so cravings are gone.

As my taste buds returned I had huge cravings for dark tobacco bali shaq or drum figure if I was going to smoke it was going to be the good stuff.
    and the other stuff I could taste how bad it tasted or how weak it was .
    but to stop smoking vaping was always the way to go even after a few slips here and there.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Smoked for 30 years took cantex quit in a week it was easy haven't smoked 8 years

• Like Like x 1
  12. Have fun dying a miserable death. I've watched it with my own eyes. I really hope you can quit. I am not here to scold you, rather here to cheer you on if you do quit.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Why don't you make ONE thread and ask your question there?
    Mod, can we get a bit of clean up please?

14. Congrats Kellie on your decision to quit smoking cigs.
    I would seriously encourage you to give vaping a try. The biggest benefit of vaping is that you're not inhaling burned tobacco and all the cancer causing chemicals that go with it. While vaping isn't 100% safe, it sure as hell is better than smoking.
    The key is to vape in a way that replicates the sensation you got when you smoked and there's a ton of options on which devices and e-liquids to use. I'd recommend any of the starter kits that include the tank atomizer, replaceable coils and the device itself. Many of the tanks that come with your device have adjustable airflow so, you'll probably want to set it pretty restrictive like that of a cigarette. E-juices come in many different nicotine strengths and the one you pick depends on how many packs a day you smoked.
    I quit smoking in 1992 using nicotine gum because that was all that was available then but, I had tried and failed many times before then. My wife started vaping 4 years ago and hasn't smoked a cigarette since. So, it does work.
    What ever method you choose, stick with it and good luck. Your body will thank you for it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Give vaping a try. It worked for me when nothing else seemed to. I've been off the cigarettes for 2 years now and ain't goin back.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  16. thank u very much

17. That would be the only true sleep cure I guess...never wanted to find out!

18. 2 words. Cold turkey. It sucks for the better part of a week but you will feel soooo much better. It's also a hard thing to do. You might need to try a few times. It took me 3. I went 7 years at one point and somehow picked it up again. The last time was hard too, but now I've been 2 years. If you can afford it just smoke weed all day. It helps. Best luck.

• Like Like x 1