What’s Next For Legalization-2021-

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by dobro49, Jan 2, 2021.

1. I guess we have to expect hard core opposition but even Noem in SD is beginning to break down a bit. I mentioned earlier here that I was willing to wait thru Spring to at least hear of some movement at the federal level before I start to complain. If they think NORML pushes hard, you wait till dobros GC legalization thread starts slinging fireballs at their ass.

Let’s not forget New Mexico and NY are making some serious waves with results expected soon. That just automatically turns up the heat on states next door. I lived in SC, next to Charlotte NC, back when the blue laws fell and it was folks from all over my area that were running to the malls on Sunday that changed things. I hope the same model can be applied here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. A true Christian? I highly doubt it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. what?

4. Who is this “ old pothead”? It is NOT me!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Maybe that is you..."Born again." lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I wondered about this when you mentioned having medical weed in your area over in the Organics section. The other @old pothead and I often talk of our red state prohibition and it was confusing for a stoner.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I am the one and only old pothead. Yes I live in a fucking red state.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. I'm remembering an old game show named "To Tell the Truth." That may date yet another old pothead.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. I remember the other guy saying he had legal med and I was in the WTF? zone. I don’t know why I didn’t see the cap letters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Will the real old pot please stand up. :hookah:

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Baltimore has survived a 12 month run of not prosecuting low level, non violent crimes. They not only made it thru, but now they are making it permanent as it seems to have been successful.

• Like Like x 1
  12. My home state. Big Orioles fan. you see hillbillies that's how it's done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. I just read on wncn out of Raleigh that NC is putting up a bill, HB290, to decrim up to 1.5 ozs. The report clearly mentions the plans that VA has to go legal so maybe our little domino theory is playing out? The opposition is in place and will be happy to arrest and charge another 185,000 people for pot over the next decade. The race and cost implications of course are mentioned.

I’m well aware of how nasty and divisive NC politics can be so I wonder if this is the proverbial “snowball in hell” or if we may see something happen? Hell, NC had Sunday booze sales decades before SC so I’m not getting excited yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. It’s the 21st century in NY now. Let freedom ring.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. A big bucket of horse shit called the SC Compassionate Care Act, a med bill, has passed a Medical Affairs committee on its way to likely failure. The bill, to my surprise, is proposed by Republicans so it’s loaded with restrictions and probably gifts to good old boys. This is as depressing as it gets.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. It's sad that politicians are only interested in filling their pockets and do not care about those they claim to represent.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. George Carlin said something good about that once..the politicians are a product of american schools and american living. So maybe its the public that sucks.

Same problem with politicians here

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. My hero telling it like it is.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Join the club my brother.

• Like Like x 2