What’s Next For Legalization 2019/2020

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by dobro49, Sep 13, 2019.

1. I say push for mail in ballots.. That will fundamentally change who gets elected in this country

• Like Like x 3
  2. Do you guys think once it is federally legal jobs will stop testing for marijuana ?

as in the law won't allow them to test for it anymore?

• Like Like x 3
  3. I would expect a legal fight on that front too, nothing about this issue is easy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I'm not a Trump man but We have a much better chance with him in office rather that Biden.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I'm the last person to support Trump but I agree. Biden believes it's a gateway drug. On this issue, Trump has been more liberal than Biden and before his presidency was in fact an advocate of legal weed. Trump has never made such a crazy statement about cannabis. Though, his pickings of people in high positions which affect cannabis policy don't tend to reflect this, he tends to pick very staunch anti-cannabis people in positions relevant to cannabis laws, like his first pick AG Jeff Sessions was as anti-weed as one gets, his next pick wasn't much better, William Barr in fact advocates to keep it illegal. He has picked anti-cannabis Mark Meadows for Chief of Staff, who consistently fights against cannabis. He's also hired anti-cannabis Press Secretary.

With all the anti-cannabis people who surrounds himself with, I don't see him personally doing anything to legalize, so in the end, I see Biden and Trump about the same on the issue of Marijuana, though Trump himself is likely more liberal in view than Biden on it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Trump is all about money and money in his eyes is not in cannabis. The pharmaceutical companies own a percentage of that fellow and they have no interest in losing their business. Biden's views are outdated absolutely but well intentioned. Biden surrounds himself with liberal leaning people and is considering Elizabeth Warren for V P which is absolutely pro legalization. Basically what I am saying is Biden's mind might be able to be changed whereas the money and trump will likely remain aligned and against that

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. That's the ultimate goal. Anything short of a ban on marijuana testing for employment is an affront to human rights.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Hello my friend, Biden is all about money. He's been a puppet his whole career. He voted for the war, patriot act and gave billions to wall street and the banks. he's been death on weed for years.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. They all are about $$$$ we are talking about government here!! They all stupid in regards to the fact they will make good $$$ off legalalizing it

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. They are stupid. They could make serious bank from legalizing it, but they have this undying allegiance to the paper and lumber industry. The government isn't known to be an innovator. They keep things the same, do minimal change to keep the sheep happy, and the public just eats their stupid propaganda.

• Like Like x 1

11. I think a lot of it has to do with big pharma

big pharma doesn't want it completely legal. Which idk why......big pharma can just start growing MJ

but, i am not big into politics. I'm just throwing my guesses out there. I could be WAY off lmao

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I agree. They also have a sickening allegiance to pharma too. And what's wild is that the government has a patent for cannabinoids. This allows pharma to make medicine using parts of the cannabis plant, all while adding their own chemicals to it.

13. Except - coming form an illegal stand point and basing Costs off of that illegal cost structure to make new legal cannabis is folly ... people do not want to spend $20 plus taxes a gram for legal weed ... once we are more accepting of the plant a pound will be such little money that people will buy it like any other herbs sold by the pound .
    some type of infrastructure will be needed instead of the State selling dime bags like dealerzs

• Like Like x 2
  14. Illegal standpoint hell, I'm looking to clear
    200K this year, fuck holding down a job
    When you can be outdoors growing
    What you love and giving the feds the middle finger all at the same time.
    Why work harder 9-5 when you can work easier 9-5

15. #155 Sublime, May 4, 2020
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
    I agree but that's not the way it is currently whatsoever, unfortunately as long as we are in a Capitalist world, all that matters is making a profit on it and they would never allow it to be that cheap so soon. Maybe a hundred years down the line if we're lucky, lol... But here's the thing - I already pay $20 a gram on weed, and have cycled through so many dealers to know that's just about the going rate, you can sometimes get $10-15 if you're real lucky. Similarly, even where it is expensive, you can still find it about those prices too in legal states. All in all, it's about the same prices, but without the risks involved and you can grow your own. I think growing your own is the most important part of the puzzle.

Let's put it like this. Even if we keep it at decriminalization as so many who smoke weed and are against legalization want it, the issue is obtaining it is still illegal, growing it is still illegal and a felony at that as well as dealing. So, you can possess with minimal punishment. But obtaining it? Your dealer could still face a felony in prison. Your grower or own personal grow can still catch you in prison. Is weed really legal if every way to obtain it is illegal by felony means? Is that risk worth it? In my opinion, I'd rather it be fully legal, come what may, whatever asinine prices many fear (I assure you they can't be worse than what some of us currently pay a gram for top shelf), at the least, you can grow free of fear of cops or a felony, and you could still get weed from your local plug if he chooses to still sell. Ideally, the punishment for selling unlicensed in a legal environment would drop to a misdemeanor instead of felony, and even if jail time is still served for it, nobody can argue they'd rather have a misdemeanor on their record over a felony. Also, you may be able to obtain it fine, but what about others who have issues finding a good, reliable plug? You also will never get rid of the stigma of smoking while it is illegal. And reform for better is guaranteed not going to happen until it's at least legalized. Sure, the system might not be perfect at first, but I feel over time, once people settle through the shock of legalization and see nothing fundamental has changed and most people are okay with it, I only see more and more lax laws on it. It's a process and not something that will happen immediately. But we have to get started on that process and the sooner the better.

Sorry for the big old word walls but this is a subject that I think is worth convincing people over, so please hear me out and consider changing your support to legalization. You can still operate the way you do, get from the local guys you do, it's not like it being illegal has stopped you before from obtaining it, but you may be stopping others who want to try it from being able to by keeping it illegal, or people who legitimately need access for medical reasons.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. While we are completely off the subject, weed doesn’t cost $20/gram even in crazy boutiques of MA. Perhaps $15 and that could be in a PRJ. In Ontario, Canada you can buy government weed for $8CDN-$15CDN and price is zero guarantee of quality.

My thoughts are that the feds will never remove MJ because that would open up flood gates of why prescription coverage doesn’t pay for any cannabis products.

If the crisis pushes us into universal healthcare, which isn’t a great plan yet, but that could lead to removing it from the scheduled list period and then prices would have to drop. It would probably be crap weed sold over the counter in pharmacies or groceries.

I’m fine with states making their decisions without the feds but I wish all states were good with flower and growing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  17. That's okay, even if they supply bunk weed, I'll be happy to grow my own. all I need is the limit they've given many other states, 4 plants at a time and I'm golden. Realistically that's enough for most anyone, I agree they shouldn't limit it at all but realistically you'd be fine there too. In fact I've always said I look forward to the day I can buy joints in a 7-11 convenient store like you can buy cigs. That's the day I wanna live to!

18. I should be able to sell my excess off of my front porch and pay a maximum total tax of 15% State and Federal. Is this a free country or not?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. it will be moved to schedule two and that would tie up any typew of progress at least 10 to 15 years while FDA gets their grubby hands on it ./.. FDA approved ( sched 5) Epidiolex a few years back and DEA took Epidiolex off scheduling completely a few weeks ago ... so in that way we already have FDA approving real plant , as Epidiolex is a cannabis tincture and not synthetic cannabinoids as is the norm ... future will be bio-synthetic cannabinoids created with yeast and e-coli ... they will be much better than the currents synthetic cananbinoids available such a s Marinol ETC....

20. Prisons are all full, most states allowing people to home grow, easy enough to order some seeds. Society moving away from government and police enforcement due to propoganda, eventually may tip a point where they don't care to even pay a fine, or pay the fine for not paying a fine. Prisons full, what are they gonna do? Would the media allow the state to rip families apart and imprison mom and dad's for refusing to pay their $150 fine for having 1 pot plant too much?

Becoming ever increasingly easy to get, lala

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1