What’s Next For Legalization 2019/2020

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by dobro49, Sep 13, 2019.

1. I seen at at least 1 spot everyday when they open in Chicago over half cars are from here in Ind.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. Indiana and Kentucky money are building better schools roads and jobs in Illinois and Michigan. :bang:

• Like Like x 2
  3. I just seen where advocates in Missouri are trying to get the signatures required to get legal marijuana on the ballot this year. The more states the better so my fingers are crossed for them.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Virginia has passed some decrim measures in the house and senate. Not making it legal but easier is better than nothing in the south. The wheels continue to turn, but oh so slow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. If Florida falls the south will soon follow.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I just read where SC, another red state, is talking med pot. I’m not sure how far along it is but at least it’s getting attention. I’d say with places like Mississippi and SC considering the issue, there has to be hope. Let’s just also hope the fed govt don’t clamp down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Medical weed in KY has just pass in the house. Now on to the Senate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. This is good news and I hope it don’t get crapped on by opposition.

I was reading more about the SC effort and their Sheriffs Assoc. is strongly opposed to pot, no surprise, until you read a story from a paper from there (Charleston I think) about how many SC sheriffs that are in legal trouble. Jeez, talk about some corruption and sex.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. I just seen where Fox News is beating up on Bernie for his weed stance. This is why I was a bit afraid to have the pot fight on a natl level in this political climate. Let’s hope it backfires.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. "Fox News" (the term itself is an oxymoron) is up against popular opinion and will on the cannabis issue. So the harder they beat the better imo. There would be no need for them to attack Sanders for his cannabis position, if his position wasn't supported by a majority of Americans. :) Again "Fox News" is the mouthpiece of a foreign entertainment company and Rupert Murdoch. They exist to advance a specific, multinational and horribly narrow neoconservative agenda, not for impartial political discourse or even journalism. Being employed at Fox is what defines one as something other than a journalist. They are entertainers and should always be viewed as such.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I like your point of view on public opinion and hope you are correct. My reservations about the political climate comes because things are just so toxic. It seems if one party, regardless of which one, is for something, the other is automatically opposed. That said, if I recall correctly, these bills like that MORE act have went thru bipartisan committee.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm losing hope everyday. Weed in the south is a dead issue. 33 state have medical weed. Only 17 state don't mainly in the South. the Kentucky house pass a medical weed bill making it the most restrictive in the nation. For pain only and in oil form no bud. I lived most of my life in Maryland. they have medical. Almost all of my family are on it. You go to the Doctor and he give you a weed card and you leave his office singing. We need another civil war.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. @old pothead, as much as I hate it, I have to agree with you about getting decent weed laws in the south. I try to be optimistic and will keep on but reality smacks me back into reality. We will be very lucky if we ever see drcrim catch on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I wish I could be optimistic. I see my bong as half empty.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. No flower but oil is ok? Isn't that a little like banning oxy but allowing heroin?

Blame it on poor education standards imo. It's the dumb leading the dumber in our Alcohol Belt. Just look at their reps (McConnell, Sessions etc), they represent the majority of not only ignorance but downright predation of popular will in our entire Senate, regardless of issue. My advice is to move to a smarter and less repressive state. Stupid cannot be fixed, it can only be avoided and ignored. This November the same morons in these states will punch the same Republican ballot slots in order to continue their infinite punishment for being stupid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. OMG you are so right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Another one that was off my radar but opened med dispensaries this week is Utah. That’s good news from a conservative state.