What’s Next For Legalization 2019/2020

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by dobro49, Sep 13, 2019.

1. So what States have it on the Ballot for sure in 2020?

From reading this possibly

New Jersey
    Oklahoma
    Florida

• Like Like x 1
  2. I hope at least one Southern State gets Medical in 2020

That would be huge

And more southern states would follow

Then they go recreational

Then all states are legal

• Like Like x 1
  3. EXACTLY, Cannabis guy! Michael Moore has talked about that being the key to Dems winning in 2020. The more swing states that get legalization on the ballot, the better!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. In 2016 72% of Floridians voted yes for medical MJ. It took two years to be able to smoke flower as an option thanks to asshole politicians who never wanted it to pass in the first place. Recreational is probably going to be on the 2020 ballot. They have to get enough signatures which won’t be a problem. There’s two main groups who are running the ballot. One has a buttload of funding. One doesn’t have anything close. The one with the most funding wins. Guess who’s been donating money to the bigger group? Dispensaries. Guess which group has no grow written in? If you guessed the well funded thanks to the dispensaries group you would be correct. They stand to make billions if they buy their right to turn the marijuana industry into a monopoly. And once recreational passes with the no grow agenda, the right to grow will probably get pushed back about ten years. There’s so many people who don’t have enough money for legal weed, either medical or recreational, if growing is illegal. If they could grow their own MJ, then it would truly become legal. Otherwise it’s just business and politics screwing over the voters again.

• Like Like x 6
  5. When one tourist area goes legal and the others watch the money flock there, we will see movement.

6. I’m glad to see Mississippi and South Dakota get measures certified for the ballot this year. I don’t foresee easy fights but they are in the game now. Let’s hope.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tennessee is making some moves, let’s hope the south gets a break.

8. I mentioned this in the make it legal now thread but NORML put out a “governess report card” that looked at statements and votes made by state govs to gauge their attitudes on legal pot, 32 passed. It’s worth a look.

9. That does not work in the South.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Oh it works, it just takes longer than the rest of the country. It's not just following the money, when enough states legalize cannabis or most anything else, enforcement of laws in remaining states becomes a practical impossibility. We're more than already there on the cannabis issue.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I was looking at the way lotteries and booze laws have came thru in the past. I think it’s possible, tho I agree it’s a stretch in the south, that when one coastal/tourist state makes it legal, the folks will flock there and leave the others no choice. My bet is Ga or Florida will be first. A guy can dream.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I don't know.

My friend from Texas says that Texas gets pissed off when they see all their money going to Colorado.

They want a piece of the Action.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I was scanning thru stories on legal movements and seen where Mississippi has an anti pot advocate, a former parole board member (surprise), giving a spill to republican women in Biloxi. It sounds like more of the same anti pot rage and once again here is a red state opposing it because the FDA doesn’t oversee it. Why do red states need the federal government for everything?

I don’t know how to link but using duck duck go, since the big G is big brother, I looked up Biloxi MS news and their local tv has a story at the bottom of the page. Y’all think Mississippi is going to surprise us in November?

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. I know that kind of thinking very well. that's why there is little to no hope. You can't even talk to these people. Not all but a shit load.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Indiana is same way

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. You are right about that!!!

• Like Like x 2
  17. The only poll that I could find with regards to the Mississippi med shows 77% in favor. My guess is if it passes, they will tighten enforcement of rec pot and growing to choking levels. Even the states that allow hemp are making sure that the govts finger is on every seed.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I wonder how much Indiana and Kentucky money is going to Michigan and Illinois.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Not that Much in Michigan.

Recreational has been open for 2 Months now and there are only like 8 Stores in the Entire State (5 are in the Same City) and there are none in Detroit.

The Store Closest to me was approved a long time ago but they are still not open.

And they have a storefront all set up.

It has been Medical for a Year now.

So they are selling Cannibis but not Recreational.

I mean if any place was ready for this it is this one but yet they still are not selling even though its all set up and they were approved Months ago.

Stupid Government !!!!!!!!

Then the recreational places will NOT sell you certain stuff because for some stupid reason it has to sit there for a month before it is allowed to be sold. So they always tell me they have what I want but they cannot sell it to me.

So then instead of the Government Collecting Taxes and Fixing the Roads people go to shifty drug dealers and buy stuff that could kill them.

Real Smart Government.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I heard Illinois had a much much better Rollout than Michigan though.

I heard they had 38 Stores Open on Opening Day (And they Legalized it 6 Months after Michigan Did).

Michigan had 5 Stores Opening Day and Last I heard are up to like 8 Stores Two Months Later.

At this Rate it will be 10 Years before Michigan catches up to Illinois :(

• Like Like x 1