What´s Your Super Soil Recipe?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ScottAsshole, Jun 10, 2021.

1. What ingredients go into a great soil, and what are the mixing ratios for 5-gal bux?

A great potting soil mixture with decomposing matter filled 3/4
    Ground (almost powdered) egg shells - 1 cup
    A few pinches of bat guano
    Bone meal (not sure how much) (maybe 1/2-cup)
    Fungicide sulphur (not sure how much)
    Vermicat (i guess 1 cup) (i guess the more, the better)
    Coco coir - 1 cup

Anything I´m missing or need to know? Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
    Your Special A-Hole

2. Also, should there be a layer of these amendments in the top 18 inches or just mix throughout the whole bucket?

• Like Like x 1
  3. thats not quite super soil bud super soil is a compost that has to cook over about a month minimum. youre just amending soil.

i use as described on the nutrients as to amount per gallon of soil. i dont use egg shells as they take a bit to break down nor do i use fungicide sulfur

i use a veg top dressing and worm castings, then make teas with bat guano, alfalfa meal, kelp meal, worm castings and black strap molasses.
    then top dress every 3 weeks.

also if you want a super soil recipe theres a organics thread yours is missing compost and a few other additives

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cool. Thanks for the info. About the egg shells, I was told that each time you water the egg shells, they will release calcium as long as their ground into a fine powder. I also heard you can make a tea with your egg shells and water.

Iḿ not familiar with top dressing. I am going to look that up now. Thanks for the idea of alfalfa meal, kelp meal and strap molasses.

5. maybe about the egg shells they have to start breaking down before anything is release so that may help. how much or how little idk i only use them in my worm bin

6. Wow. LOL. I realize what a novice I still am when I talk to other growers w/ more experience than me!

7. Top dressing makes a lot of sense now, buddy. The top 18 inches of soil is where all the biology is, right?

8. i dont have a pot thats 18 inches lol you want to feed the mycorrhiza which is the

The term mycorrhiza refers to the role of the fungus in the plant's rhizosphere, its root system. Mycorrhizae play important roles in plant nutrition, soil biology and soil chemistry

A mycorrhiza is a symbiotic association between a green plant and a fungus. The plant makes organic molecules such as sugars by photosynthesis and supplies them to the fungus, and the fungus supplies to the plant water and mineral nutrients, such as phosphorus, taken from the soil. Mycorrhizas are located in the roots of vascular plants, but mycorrhiza-like associations also occur in bryophytes

• Like Like x 1
  9. For strap molasses, do you use liquid or solid?

10. liquid unsulfured tbls or 2 per gallon it can go up to like 16 tbls per 5 gallon but ive never used more than 2 per gallon

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hey, Mom. I learned about bryophytes on a marijuana grow site today LOL. Thanks for all the info, man. Very helpful!

• Like Like x 1
  12. This is my soil after adding 4 ingredients. I water only in veg and use 5 bottles in flower. Holla if interested. Don't want to butt heads with the no tillers Screenshot_20210608-061342_Photos.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Lol, what about us slightly more reasonable low-tillers? Haha

14. Just offering a alternative! Some are city dwellers lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I'm all for alternatives bruddah, lots of ways to skin a cat.
    Looks like you got a few microbes going on in that soil uh huh

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1