Whammy's LED grow

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by whammy, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Plants look healthy and damn sure smokeable!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Thanks guys :) Here's the harvest results, 5 ounces and a couple spare grams on the critical mass, 3 ounces from the lovely pink kush and the white widow is still too wet to weigh.. hope you enjoy some pics :) Overall very pleased with this grow, my goal was 100g off one plant as that would mean a pound off of 4 was attainable in the future and the critical mass crushed it!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This pink kush is sticky as glue! I had trouble rolling it, kept sticking to my fingers
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Man your grow looks great, I will be trying LED for my flowering stage.

New grower Q here- is the 4 weeks just to keep it diluted and prevent salts in the soil?

Crop looks fantastic, champ

4. Thanks bud ! The feeding every 4 weeks you mean? I top dress the soil with organic ferts , they last a long time, feeds for about 4 weeks before the plants get hungry and I need to do it again!

5. Very nice grow! I use gaia green as well and absolutley love the stuff.....so easy to use. If you like CBD strains then try dinamed from dinafem it's a 30:1 CBD:THC and was one of the nicest plants I've grown. 20190515_075702~2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. That's a beautiful looking plant indeed, was it an auto? The ones listed on my seed bank are auto! how big did the plant get/yield? I have to consider size as I have a 4 plant limit in Canada

I found a couple seeds on my drying tray, so I scoured over the white widow and found 2 buds with seeds, similar situation to last run !! Is this usual, I've read some female plants in late flower put out bananas do you all get a few seeds too?

[​IMG]

7. No it was a photo period, flipped 8 weeks from sprout and yielded 3.5 oz dry. I got it from here, I'm close enough to be able to drive here but they do ship.
    Dinafem – Dinamed CBD - Niagara Seed Bank

8. Yes they can, it's called rodilization and is the plants way of survival. Free feminized seeds is a good thing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks for the info !! The white widow came in at 62 grams, so thats 284g total dried weight from all three plants under 365 true watts :) could have been more, as the white widow started way later and was smaller as a result.. and RIP blueberry seed that never sprouted.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Update day !! Grow #3 plants are vegging away, there's 3 critical mass and a white widow (the small one again! Will try to let this one get bigger unless the others start overrunning the place)
    [​IMG]
    Still some room in the 5x5 tent :) Loving the space it has to work with ! Had to use a cookie sheet to hold one of the plants, will pickup another plastic tray sometime soon..
    [​IMG]
    Bonus cat pic !! Had to take her to the cat-hospital as her eye was looking really stupid and she was being all clingy asking for help! I guess she cut it, got her a cone painkillers and eyedrops for a couple weeks to fix her right up <3
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. 10 days later
    [​IMG]
    So i have a bit of a fungus gnat situation, I purchased some diatomaceous earth but found mixed reviews on that.. decided to try neem oil first! Hoping a couple applications does the trick
    I added a teaspoon of oil to 4 cups hot water, one drop of soap and sprayed everything down in the garage!
    If the gnats are still around I'll spray them again, and flower if everythings alright once the small plant catches up a bit, maybe a week
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. #32 whammy, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    well this got out of hand fast! this plants probably done, but the other ones may be salvageable! after top dressed and sprayed them with neem oil they looked really great, but today not so much. This one plant looks awful, which is strange as there is 3 clones of the same, and i've been treating them all the same. What the heck happened??

-edit- ok well found more fungus gnats, larvae on all 4 plants, and some other small critters. going to spray neem oil and use the diatomaceous earth i guess. frustrated, wont reuse soil again I think they like the leftover roots from previous plants maybe. time to look up more pest prevention amendments
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. If you want to get rid of fungus gnats, DE is useless. You need a Neem cake top dress and mulch. I like rice hulls. After that buy beneficial nematodes. Haven’t had fungus gnats in I can’t remember how long because of these 3 things.

“A garden is a delight to the eye and a solace for the soul.” - Saadi
    Prepper420’s No-Tillin Adventure!

14. Hey appreciate the quick response! Would perlite work as a top dress? I just purchased a big bag last week

Sent from my SM-G950W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. It might work, not sure on that. I know you want a tight mulch so the gnats cant get through it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Switched to flower on the 20th of september, the plants are doing their stretchy thing! Everything's looking a bit better now :) Hopefully harvest isn't set back too much I want it for good times over christmas !
    [​IMG]
    Bonus puppy pic!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2