Wet vs dry

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by flat_lander, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Is a 70% loss in weight sound about right? I'm just trying to figure some of this out so I know if I should continue with the next batch or shut it down till I can afford a proper set up

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I'd say 70% is a good estimate. It depends on strain and how you dry/cure your buds, but 60-75% is a good estimate.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes 70% is Good! @PsycOfMSE is correct depending on the strain your growing. Sometimes it's shocking when you hang Big Colas up, and once it looses it's water weight it's usually 75% shrinkage. It's just normal, but when it's your first time drying and you look after a couple days your thinking WTF happened to my big buds! But it's part of growing probably drying and curing is the most crucial part as long as you know how to dry and keep the temps cool and RH between 45% and 55% then you'll be fine. You just don't want to dry to fast. High temps will dry the bud to quick. I dry in my basement Which is 60 degrees all year around and the humidity is usually between 45 and 60. So the lower temps gives me a longer dry time. Do you have jars to cure in?

4. What's your set up like?

5. Make sure your buds are dry and cured before you really get into smoking it. Why on earth would you even consider smoking wet bud?

• Like Like x 1
  6. There is no way of knowing the % of water in the buds

7. Sure there is, weigh it before drying and after drying. 70% isn't a hard set rule, but it is a good estimate of wet vs dry loss in weight.

8. I don't have a drying room setup just yet but my temps are definitely going to depend on ambient temperatures as it'll be in an unheated loft. Stays above 55 no matter what. It's cold out today so prob be 15 degrees colder up there than down here so be around 60 I would say. It's quite dry up there though as there isn't paint on the drywall yet ( don't plan on it either ) so I'll probably struggle a bit with that ( but im a tradesman so I'm sure I could fab up some drying tents pretty easy ) it's not a very photogenic plant right now but here's a pic. [​IMG][​IMG]