Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wet bubble hash into ethanol?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by CannaSir, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Hey, not sure if I’m in the right place asking this, but I hope there’s some experts here to help me out..

So I was thinking of putting wet bubble hash straight into ethanol to make it into feco/rso (heat off the alcohol and water), then decarbing it in oven and perhaps mixing it with mct-oil. Would it work like that?

I have all the gear to make high quality bubble, but since I can’t afford a freeze dryer and air drying it is such a pain in the ass, I was wondering if there would be any issues dumping all the wet hash into alcohol like that or would that be sensible use for the bubble hash in the first place?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Decarb dried hash first before alcohol extraction is the route I'd take. Oven at 120-140 F until dry. Then decarb 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered. But at that point I'd make most into Hash Capsules and smoke the rest but that is just me. I only use tincture when traveling and I can't take a toke in the room or on the grounds. There is no real need for the extra alcohol step as direct Hash to unstrained oil works perfectly fine.

The step at evaporated Tar and trying to decarb at that point before adding Coconut oil to loosen from the pan has always burned for me at that stage and once blended with or infused to oil the decarb is very slow and you're getting into sleeper land CBG with all that extra cooking time trying to activate an inactive THC-a.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. @CannaSir ,sorry, not an expert. How much bubble hash are you talking about? I'm assuming a lot. I would try a small test batch to see how it turns out. I think making MCT oil with your bubble is a good use of it. I hope you have high proof alcohol or you will have a lot of water to cook off. Good luck! Please let us know what you do.

4. Thanks a lot for your answer, BNW!

I understand that and see the issues with that method I suggested. It’s just that sieving and drying the wet or frozen bubble patties is what I’m trying to avoid here lol. I wonder if decarbing sieved, but wet/undried bubble “powder” in a jar/dish would work? Just to avoid air drying (takes time and a lot of space!).

Skipping the ethanol part makes sense when aim is oil, but I’m wondering how much less thc/cannabinoids will be dissolved into oil compared to high-proof alcohol? I wouldn’t wanna waste potential good stuff..but then again when making tincture there will always be some loss to soaking and filtration.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Not that much. Bit less than an oz per harvest perhaps. I wish freeze dryers wouldn’t cost fortunes haha. Sieving and air drying sucks.
    Yeah true, I guess it would work with vodka as well, but I read somewhere that you can dissolve like 1g of thc per 1ml of alcohol/ethanol, but once with say 120-proof spirits the solubility is already down to something like 2mg/ml, which means you need loads of booze compared to same amount of close pure ethanol! And yeah way too much water to evaporate in the end if reducing is the way you would even wanna take in that scenario lol.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have run wet hash before and it's not a lot of fun. If you are going it infuse it into MCT the easiest way I know is to put the hash into the MCT and decarb and infuse at the same time. This takes about 2 hours to finish because of having to dry the water.

It works, but plan on time to get it to temperature and then time to boil out the water. I'm always ready to make it and it still takes me half a day. In my lab I do an ethonal wash, filter, and distill ethanol to the point I start getting water and just dry and decarb on the hotplate. Here again, just watch the bubbles. Normally it would be 30 to 40 minutes at 242F but we have to watch the bubbles because of the water. You should see alcohol bubbles first, then water bubbles, and finally pinhead size CO2. When they stop it's decarbed. A trick to make it work right is add your lecithin now if there is a problem with it being to thick.

7. Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads | Page 108 | Grasscity Forums - The #1 Marijuana Community Online
    Direct Hash to Oil :) You're not gaining anything with the added step and work of extracting to alcohol first IME.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I
    Thanks for the input! Well it still sounds like more “fun” and less time consuming than sieving and air-drying all that bubble lol.

And I get that you’d see the carbon come out as last as CO2! That’s neat. And you say that 242F should be enough for all that. I guess you wouldn’t wanna go much higher anyway in fear of losing some of the precious stuff.

Wouldn’t you add the lecithin at the end in any case to give it that “boost”?

9. That’s such a great thread btw! My problem is just that I can’t really get dry ice. All I have is my bubble bag setup.

What about with just bud then, would you also recommend infusing that straight into oil rather than via alcohol?

I guess having a big batch of green dragon is more versatile and allows me to do other stuff like make drinks, honey etc. with it.

10. You can usually get dry ice at butcher shops. I get mine from the local market.

11. #11 DancesWithWeeds, Jun 4, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
    This is the easiest way to get there from where you are now. Get the things in the picture, or something like them. You need a pan, a pint Mason jar with a lid, and 2 thremomitors that go over 250F. You will also need menerial oil. Water won't get hot enough.

This is just a small batch, like 1 cup of product. Put 1 cup MCT, coconut oil, or other oil, and your "wet" hash in the jar. Heat the meneral oil to about 250. When the oil in the pan reaches temperature put the pint jar in the microwave WITHOUT THE LID and heat it to about 220F. Put the lid on the jar with the thermometer and set it in the pan. I have to use the smallest burner to maintain the 242F. With water in the oil you may see 2 different types of bubbles at the same time.

Edit: Don't get any of the meneral oil in your product. Remember you bought it in the laxative department at the drug store.

REMBER: THE OIL IS HOTTER THAN BOILING WATER!!! USE THE PROPER CANNING TOOLS AND PROCEDURES. 20230424_093353.jpg

12. Direct oil Bubble hash should work equally well. All the dry ice does is let me skip the dry. I'm still working with the same 160 - 220 micron stalks and heads Ice water kicks out.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  13. Did you guys intern at Dr Frankenstein's lab? :love-m3j:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. I've been trying to find a good way to dry mine. It's in the freezer right now.

15. ??? Won't a freezer just keep the humidity where it is? Outside to evaporate about 15 minutes in death valley, or longer somewhere else??? :confused_2: A trick, put it on your dashboard & park it in the sun, DON'T FORGET it's there.

16. My son did all the bubble hash before. He dried it in his super fancy freeze drier. The problem with that thing is it makes the pot taste like highly processed food. You could smell the turps in the water that got sucked out but not in the bud. At least not very strong. If it's just a matter of setting it out and evaporating the water out problem solved.

I'm trying a new way to make oil. The method is posted at cannibishomesciences.com. They claim 2 hours from bud to oil using what's in your kitchen. If all goes well, and I add a couple of things from the lab, and get quicker and give cleaner oil.

• Like Like x 2
  17. If you're trying " RxCE - Refined Cannabis Extract" - there is some posting in Another Tincture thread where people have used it and at least one is very happy with the potency of his oil.
    Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it scroll up and down on this page for a photo of the oil and process. Good luck with it!

• Like Like x 1
  18. The site that has all the stuff on it is cannibishomesciences.com. I'vspent a lot of time there. I just wanted a good way to dry the bubble hash. I recover my alcohol by distilling. What I really don't want is to get water in my EC. The proof drops fast when there is just a little water in the bud or hash. I have had it down to about 180 proof and brought it back up to 190+ but the time and electricity for the still make it not a very cost effective. When you are distilling you have to watch the head temp. When the temperature starts to drop you have most of the alcohol out, but if it starts to go up you are starting to get wet again.

I have one EC jug with about 1 L of wet stuff, about 180 or less. Rather than dump it I save it for drinking whiskey. HOLY MACKERELS, that stuff will work a number on you, especially if it was decarbed first. It's mostly Ever Clear, with a little water, and RSO.

• Like Like x 1

19. If you could post your experience with R.*.C.E. method
    I have done several batches and can confirm it works

I'm doing filtering videos right now and would like to see other folks extractions
    As this method takes off I am getting some filtering questions so it would be nice to have other references besides my own
    Post your tincture contest, joking

• Like Like x 1