Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Western Canadian stoners from the 2000's

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by cinnamonbun, Apr 14, 2022.

1. I need your help. I'm looking to identify a type of kush that was sold in tuna cans back in the mid 2000's, I believe it was then sold in sealed coffee bags around 2007 due to counterfeiters finding out the tuna can method and selling weed that wasn't kush.

This bud came from BC, and to this day, remains the BEST weed I have ever smoked. I was buying half ounces of this weed for no cheaper than $110, it was premium. I would like to know the strain so I can cultivate my own plants for consumption. All the so-called 'kush' that's sold in stores doesn't compare in the least to that tuna can kush.

Hopefully someone knows

2. most tuna canners I know sell their cans by weight at about 5oz or 140 grams a can

even by todays standard at $us20.00 a gram you got a great deal

I've sold nth African hash in sardine and anchovy cans back in the day
    it was expensive canned fish and only by pre order ...lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. I miss that old stuff from BC. Still good stuff today, but it seems like they wised up and keep the preemo stuff local, not always lucky to get the amazing stuff shipped out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fucking BCs lol that was what you called Mids around me. Decent nugz maybe seed or to but pretty much MIDS... Some BCs...... Never bought it in tuna cans though lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. For a long time, decades, the best weed in Canada came from BC. It kind of still does, but it's different. The original outdoor varieties got that grown repeatedly were INSANEEEEE. I'm sure all those type of operations got shut down or squashed out forever ago. Hard to find that organic outdoor mountain weed from BC, it's all indoor hydroponics like everything else in the world. Lot of hard work to get good outdoor harvests in that area.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Based on the limited info and time frame, some potential candidates would be Pink Kush, BC Big Bud, God Bud or Blue Dynamite.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. growing bc big bud now ....both grower and grown very happy, tx

• Like Like x 1
  8. The person I used to buy off of made special trips out to BC to get this type of bud. It wasn't just shipped out like it might be now.

I'm not in contact with this person anymore, hence the reason I'm here asking lol

9. What more info would you need to make a more accurate guess? The best type of flower I buy from the stores is Pure Sunfarms Pink Kush, and although the high is okay, the flavour, smell, and overall effect is nowhere near that type of weed I smoked that was sold in the sealed bag for $110. I would even go as far as to say when compared to that BC bud I smoked that it is NOT kush. Just my opinion.

10. Pure Sunfarms PK is junk. Probably sitting around the 23% THC level or less, right? I'll tell you bluntly, you probably won't find what you're looking for in the brick and mortar shops unless you live in B.C.
    Although part of the problem in locating that strain you're looking for is, since legalization the names of some popular strains have been changed.

I can't believe I forget to mention Master Kush, which previously went by the names 'High Rise', 'Grandmaster Kush' and 'Purple SoCal'. It is a cross between the original Hindu Kush and an unknown pure skunk strain.
    That's the stuff I remember from BC in the mid 2000's. It was dark green, it was dank and it stunk your house up as soon as you opened the bag. And when you smoked it, your neighbours three doors down knew someone was blazing up near by. The problem is I have no idea who grew it and the Master Kush on the legal market today is, shall we say, somewhat disappointing by comparison.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Pure Sunfarms PK is the strongest strain they sell right now. And I agree with you, it is junk. But unfortunately, it's also the best stuff I found available from a store. I haven't sampled a lot of store products, but one type of weed I bought literally left me feeling nauseous. I'd really prefer to grow my own and avoid this capitalistic crap. Which is why I'm trying to find the absolute best and most potent kush available.

I really appreciate all of your responses, they have been tremendously helpful to my search. I think the bud I'm looking for is either God Bud or the last you mentioned, Master Kush. Searching up pictures of MK has my memory alarm bells ringing, like I'm seeing pictures of a long lost forgotten VERY good friend. Can you suggest a great seed outlet to purchase seeds from as well?

12. pure sunfarms is trash weed. ALl of the legal weed in Canada sucks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. If you need stronger legal weed, you can get some GMO cookies around 30%, or even some sour atomic grapefruit in the high 20's. Everything from pure sunfarms sucks, way too dry, no terps.

14. Wait a second. Tuna cans? I've lived in BC for ages and never heard of this. :confused_2:

15. For real? We used to have a guy called the can man come back from out west with boxes full of cans ready to rip open.

• Like Like x 1
  16. For real. I guess I just never crossed paths with it. Everything was zip-loc bags for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yeah lots of ziplocks came from out west, but they were 1-2 pound bags. These tuna cans were quarters / half ounces ready to go pre-packaged

• Like Like x 1
  18. That I can't help with. But there's probably some other Canucks on this board who might know.

19. Okay that's fair, thanks for all of your help :)

20. Yeah, even their vape carts suck.

• Agree Agree x 1