Westboro Baptist Church to Protest the Killing of a 9 Year Old Girl

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CrEpE, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is the most biggoted and fucking retarded thing I have ever heard

Westboro Sludge Plans to Picket Funeral of 9-Year-Old Killed in Tuscon - Westboro - Fox Nation

I need ideas of how to protest this as peacefully as possible.

Currently on the drawing board:
    Paint-filled water baloons
    A counter picket + collecting money to donate to families that were hurt.

If you live in Tucson or are in the area please please show up to help us counter protest these fuckwads. I will not have them defile this tragedy

2. They can do whatever they want afterwords. I just want something to be done, the families deserve better

3. I don't get it.

4. Great. This is what we need. Just give the Westboro Baptist Church more attention. :rolleyes:

5. Cause ignoring them works so well :rolleyes:

6. It does, but it hasnt been applied yet. Show me where ignoring them has failed.

7. It will.

8. westboro protested the virginia tech massacre near my house and caused a lot of tension and uproar. while i am all for protesting against the man, i do not agree with sensationalism and trying to cause a stir to get your attention.

they need to go home or gtfo.

9. Look, all of us here hate the WBC and seeing this will make us hate them even more, but constant updates on all of their bigotry will only help them spread their hateful message.

They have the legal right to do this kind of crap and idiots like this is the price we all have to pay for free speech.

But that being said, this news makes me feel literally ill in my stomach

10. I agree that they feed off of sensationalism and the media, but I can't just sit here doing nothing you know? If enough people were gathered we could probly even stop them from reaching the funeral grounds and holding their protest at all

11. They picketed outside of my school my senior year. Supposedly because we had a strong GSA. Anyways when I was driving by the picket I hit one in the head with a soggy biscuit. Didnt even get seud :D

12. #12 Postal Blowfish, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2011
    here's an idea:

1. bring more than they do.
    2. bring one very long unrollable fence or something solid but flexible that capable of obscuring them from view.
    3. when they set up, take your people and surround them inside the fence and have your people hold it there doing nothing else.

no fights, no arguments, no talking, just sitting there denying them the anguish they're trying to inflict. maybe have a bunch of bullhorns you can set off whenever they try to get loud and rowdy so no one gets to hear their provocations. but do be polite, if they want to move as a group, accommodate them :)

if you want to mock them, you can put a message inside the fence: GOD LOVES HATERS

13. I remember clearly a story where someone literally *touched* (like brushed shoulders with) one of the WBC and they got "jostling" charges against them. these guys are hardcore and do whatever they can to eff you over legally- so if you get caught throwing water balloons at them, you might as well be donating directly to their church.

Another example of their smarts... in one video I saw, there were some counter-protesters intermingling with the WBC (not touching of course.) Suddenly a speeding truck screeches to a halt in front of them.
    ALL of the WBC put their signs over their faces. The bewildered counter-protesters get nailed by an industrial can of mace.

One of the best counter-protests I've seen involved a pledge drive where people would sign up to donate based on how long the church stayed in the area.

14. Don't take waterballoons filled with paint.

WBC are hardcore trolls, becuase they love it, but more improtantly becuase they're serial litigants AND lawyers. They're specificlly trolling so they can sue the fuck out of you.

15. I know this sounds weird, but I give credit to the rest of humanity that none of their members are dead. Frankly, what they do is so insensitive, and I cannot imagine how infuriating it would be to someone who is personally affected. The fact that people have contained themselves to this point proves to me that the world is full of good people who can keep their heads relatively cool in such situations.

16. Thats what the patriot guard guys do. They pretty much surround/block the people with there bikes,bodys and American flags, so the church goons cant see the funeral and the familys cant see the protesters.

Home

17. While there are a number of things I would like to do/see done to these sorry excuses for human beings, I think the best response is just to ignore them as others have said.

Why do you think they're protesting an innocent 9 year old girl's funeral?
    Yeah, part of it is because of their absurd stance that all these horrible things only happen because America is a country of "fag enablers" (god, that feels shitty to even say).
    But an even bigger part of it, I'm sure, is the controversy and the attention that it will get them.

This is how they get attention to their church, by doing things like this that will enrage people.
    It's how they get media coverage, it's how they get TV interviews, it's how they have become basically a household-name.

By even acknowledging this situation, we are giving them exactly what they want. :confused_2:

18. The WBC, further proof that religion is the curse of our species, as well as a menace to the planet and an affront to decency.

19. #19 garrison68, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2011
    In addition to their lawsuit cases, the Westboro people probably think that they'll be heroes, and martyrs, to their followers if anything happens to one or all of them. Holding a counter demonstration is playing into their hands, the best strategy is to let the police handle them and ignore what they do for attention.

20. Exactly.

If anything, I'd just go to the funeral and pay my respects. That's quite enough of a protest to their actions.

I wonder how many people will be picketing the funeral when Fred Phelps dies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.