West Virginia: Senate passes medical marijuana bill

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Soupicide, Apr 15, 2017.

• Like Like x 1
  1. Too bad it isn't unregulated medical MJ like in Cali. Only pills oils and tinctures are allowed. Step in the right direction though.

Weird fact about West Virginia: only state in the USA that has licensing laws for "drug paraphernalia stores". There's lots of cool headshops in the state.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yeah, though it really is a step in the right direction. The current governor was quoted saying something along the lines of "we'd rather people be smoking marijuana than on opiates." Not an exact quote, I don't remember the exact, but it was basically just that.

We have a huge opiate issue in the state of West Virginia.

Also, ye, my favorite is Odyssey in Taey's Valley. Chill place, supports local glass blowers, and has some awesome incense selections.

3. We actually came pretty close to passing a bill that allowed (I think) 2 plants per person. The speaker of the house is adamantly anti-weed (Tim Armstead) and he did all he could to try and stop it, but even his own party (republicans) were for it so he kind of got cut off at the knees! It was wonderful. Senator Trump (not related but just as much of an asshole) totally twisted the bill and took out any growing and smoking, made it really restrictive, but it still passed.

Not what we had hoped for, but it's passing was almost a surprise, I don't think anyone expected it to happen yet, so I think a lot of people are still stunned. I believe the lawmakers had been so afraid for so long that they would piss off their constituents if they voted for weed, but there was such an outpouring and flood of calls, faxes, emails, letters and visits, they finally realized being for it will most likely increase their popularity. Definitely a beginning. Not to be implemented till late 2019, so we're hoping for some amending before then.

WV is famous for blown glass, you can find some beautiful pieces here.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I thought it was June 2018?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oh! Well I must have been mistaken :) Alrighty then

6. if only every congressman in existence were in a place to need cannabis therapy then all laws would change overnight... I can say that every congressman has an endocannabinoid system