Were We Told the Truth about World War Two?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Cosmored, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Check out these videos. They really made me wonder.

Watch the first one first as it's a summary. The others give the details.

These videos keep going on and off-line. If the link goes to nowhere, do a YouTube search on its title.

Hitler's War - What the Historians Neglect to Mention - YouTube
    "Hitler's War - What the Historians Neglect to Mention"

Hitler Saved Europe From Stalin - YouTube
    "Hitler Saved Europe From Stalin"

Who Started World War II? by Viktor Suvorov - YouTube
    "Who Started World War II? by Viktor Suvorov"

Churchill's War - YouTube
    "Churchill's War"

David Irving - The Faking of Adolf Hitler for History - YouTube
    "David Irving - The Faking of Adolf Hitler for History"

Mark Weber speaks on Hitler's Place in History - YouTube
    "Mark Weber speaks on Hitler's Place in History"

We'd never see these two speeches on TV.

Adolf Hitler: Explains His Reasons For Invading The Soviet Union. - YouTube
    "Adolf Hitler: Explains His Reasons For Invading The Soviet Union."

Adolf Hitler: Explains Reasons For Invading Poland. - YouTube
    "Adolf Hitler: Explains Reasons For Invading Poland."

He might have been lying to get the soldiers to fight and the people to support the war but at least we know what the German soldiers were thinking when they were fighting. They weren't thinking that they were trying to take over the world. They were, maybe mistakenly, thinking that they were righting old wrongs and defending their territory. He makes his intentions sound noble in those speeches but look what he says in this book of his that I read a while back.

http://www.nazi.org.uk/political pdfs/HitlerSecondBook.pdf

Here's an excerpt from chapter 2 worth noting.
    -----------------------------------
    The sword was the path breaker for the plough. And if we want to talk about human rights
    at all, then in this single case war has served the highest right of all: it gave a Folk the soil which it wanted to
    cultivate industriously and honestly for itself, so that its children might some day be provided with their daily
    bread. For this soil is not allotted to anyone, nor is it presented to anyone as a gift. It is awarded by Providence
    to people who in their hearts have the courage to take possession of it, the strength to preserve it, and the
    industry to put it to the plough.
    Hence every healthy, vigorous Folk sees nothing sinful in territorial acquisition, but something quite in keeping
    with nature. The modern pacifist who denies this holy right must first be reproached for the fact that he himself
    at least is being nourished on the injustices of former times.
    -----------------------------------

It sounds pretty fascist to me. Those threats he described in those speeches might have been real but he probably saw in them an opportunity to carry out some plans to expand German territory. I would think that, if that hadn't been the case, he would have made a pact with England and France to fight the Soviets together instead of Germany's taking them on by itself.

Who knows how much truth there is in the other videos. We'd have to go to those parts of the world and talk to some elderly people to verify the info. I think it's safe to think the official version that Americans learn is pretty distorted though.

Let me make clear that I haven't taken a firm stand on all of this. I'm just posting it so that it can be discussed. Let's not have any blind patriotic dogmatism. We already know that the version of world events that Americans learn is pretty much distorted. In a lot of issues it's upside-down as the info in this thread shows.
    American Imperialism

2. Hitler was racist. He didn't like Jews. He tried to rid Europe of Jews. Allies tried to stop him.

End of story.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1

3. I only posted this fifteen minutes ago. Have you looked at any of the info? I hope this thread doesn't fill up with trash posts by dogmatic people who don't do any research.

It was probably a number of things including the Jewish issue. How do you know he didn't just want to rid Germany of Jews?
    http://forum.grasscity.com/pandoras-box/1107911-stuff-about-holocaust-denial.html

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I've seen most of these before.

That explains why he invaded Poland and France:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  5. look up holocaust revisionist

6. says the guy with the swastika!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (the numerous exclamation marks indicate sarcasm if you didn't catch it)

7. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwp7tVZuXKM]David Irving - The Faking of Adolf Hitler for History - YouTube[/ame]

8. I didn't follow any of those links, but yes, of course, Americans were lied to about WWII. All governments lie to their people in order to get them to support a war -- war being the grand-daddy of all government programs.

"In war, truth is the first casualty." --Aeschylus

Outside of the politically-correct statist establishment, it is common knowledge that Roosevelt knew the Pearl Harbor attack was going to happen but chose to not say anything -- using the attack as an excuse to enter WWII.

It's all standard political strategy.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. -- H. L. Mencken

9. Have you read 1984? In 1984 the 'government' changes history constantly to make themselves look better and the people believe it or are killed (or in our case, made out to be crazy conspiracy theorist and crucified in a sense).

Our entire history could have been changed, and we really wouldn't know. How do we know anything in history books are real?

Well a lot of stuff obviously is, but the details are the most important part, and the details could EASILY be changed. "History is written by the victor". One of the most interesting quotes in history to me, because it's true. History will be skewed to make the victors look good.

Why in America do we not talk about how we slaughtered the Native Americans, ran them off cliffs, and put them in concentration camps (reservations) to live in until they conform to 'American' culture more? Because it would make the U.S. look terrible and cause more people to question shit more often. Concentration camp is a little over the top, but it's still fucked up what we did.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. And why not more talk about General Sherman's "March to the Sea" in which he invented the tactic of "total war" -- slaughtering civilians, women, children, the elderly, burning their crops, killing their livestock, burning their homes, businesses, and towns in order to bring political change?

And then after Lincoln's unconstitutional war against the south, Sherman was sent west to slaughter Indians.

But the U.S. government never does anything wrong or immoral.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Not to mention Christopher Columbus who arriving in a lush Hispanola in 1492, spoke of the 3 million Taino Indians who came out to greet him as the, "Friendliest, kindest people in the world". He then systematically enslaved, raped, and killed them. Columbus Day is a joke.

And why do we focus on the 6 million Jews killed by the Nazis, when 26 million Russians were also slaughtered by the Nazis in the same manner?
    Something about communism maybe? Why should we have had sympathy for a communist nation?

Communist's and third worlders apparently aren't people too..

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. The 6 million Jews figure is bullshit.

"6 million Jews" was a popular headline in newspapers before WW2.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dda-0Q_XUhk]SIX MILLION JEWS 1915-1938 HD - YouTube[/ame]

13. The government never lies and Obama shits skittles. Now go back to watching reality tv and eating preservative tainted food.

14. actually theyre just now realizing that the body count is much higher, the reasearchers figured out in total there were like 42,500 camps or ghettos

15. If you actually do any independent research when it comes to government interactions, you find out pretty quickly that our government lies to us significantly more often than it bothers yo tell the truth. Just using WWII as an example, US army officials were aware of a Pearl Harbor attack before the japanese planes took off, but there is no better excuse to go to war than being attacked, and nothing revitalizes capitalism like a war, so Pearl Harbor was quite literally allowed to occur by our own government.

There hasnt been a legitimate excuse for any of the wars america has entered into in the last 100 years. You can find evidence of shady or downright corrupt action leading to every major conflict weve had in modern history. Weve never been told the 100% unfiltered truth if you live in america. I mean come on our entire media, anything you can see on TV or read in a paper is owned by less than a dozen people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ehhhh not so much, they knew the japs were gonna attack and the U.S suspected it would be near the phillipines in the pacific theater, the last place they suspected was Pearl harbor, I think taking out sadaam was one of the better choices, not everything after that, but that dude was a fucking monster

17. #18 byrned420, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2013
    No they were aware of the attack down to the time it would happen. We intercepted and decoded the Japanese orders for the attack before it occurred, and the US goverment had done everything in its power to instigate the Japanese government through embargoes and military aid to Japanese enemies, even though the US claimed to be neutral in the war effort.

And honestly you should look into the Saddam story some more, he was brought down because he wouldnt play ball with the American way of running things. (Not to say he was a good guy by any means lol)

18. How so?

19. He waged a genocide agaisnt the Kurdish people, using chemical weapons

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.