Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

We're getting smarter!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Buzz, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Gee, I know why I feel so much smarter! LOL :D

:smoking:

NORML Reports: Cannabis and the Brain

February 23, 2006

Dear NORML Supporters:

Modern science continues to turn conventional prohibitionist lore on its head, and nowhere is this more apparent than in the realm of cannabis' impact on the brain.

Whereas prohibitionist claims that pot use damages the brain continue to litter the debate regarding marijuana and health, scientific research now suggests what many cannabis enthusiasts have speculated all along: ganja is good for you.

In ways many of us could have never previously imagined, research now indicates that cannabinoids can promote the growth of neurons (nerve cells), protect the brain from trauma and cancer, and perhaps slow the progression of certain neurodegenerative diseases, such as Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's, and Lou Gehrig's Disease. At the same time, clinical investigations have also put to rest the "stoner stupid" stereotype, finding that cannabis even when used long-term has little, if any, lasting negative impact on cognition.

Want to learn more about the neurocognitive potential of cannabis? Check out NORML's new report, "Cannabis and the Brain: A Users Guide," by NORML Senior Policy Analyst Paul Armentano.

The vast amount of NORML's and the NORML Foundation's annual budgets are derived directly from citizens like you who take an interest in cannabis and want to see the laws substantially changed from Prohibition to taxation and control.

Your support of NORML helps us maintain our commitment to provide you with the latest in scientific, cutting-edge research regarding cannabis and health. Thank you for your interest in cannabis law reform and please consider further assisting our efforts by donating today.

Thanks again for making NORML an independent voice for cannabis consumers,

-Allen St. Pierre
    Executive Director
    Member, Board of Directors
    NORML/NORML Foundation
    Washington, DC
    director@norml.org

2. That's intense, and makes you want to smoke even more ganja. Sadly I'm too lazy to pull up the full report even though I'd imagine that it'd be pretty interesting as well.

3. Ive been more intreseted in learning since i started smoking weed, and dont really feel like its made me dumber.

4. When Im high it allows me to see what im thinking more clearly and allows me to dwell into the subject and lets me think of things I would never of thought of without its use

5. I like reading but not when im high getting high is just a form of entertainment for me

6. if only my parents would beleive this...

7. Yeah... if something like this was published in TIME Magazine or something else that your parents have read for years they would be like... wow, that's amazing. I must see my doctor about this...

So yeah... someone work on that will ya?

8. IMhO, pot has really opened my mind to things. Now, all I want to do is learn about shit. Philosophy, psychology, science, math, literature, histroy...I feel as if all of that could hand-in-hand come in play with what the meaning of life is.
    Ever since I started toking up, I've just wanted to expand my knowledge on everything. And I know it's from weed, because besides smoking pot, I haven't changed anything else (friends, who I hang around, diff music, etc...)

9. "research now indicates that cannabinoids can promote the growth of neurons (nerve cells), protect the brain from trauma and cancer, and perhaps slow the progression of certain neurodegenerative diseases, such as Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's, and Lou Gehrig's Disease. At the same time, clinical investigations have also put to rest the "stoner stupid" stereotype, finding that cannabis even when used long-term has little, if any, lasting negative impact on cognition."

The Northern Lights cross Indica strain I am currently using has a way of HELPING me with the extreme and continuous PAIN associated with FIBROMYALGIA in a BIG WAY! NOW, we find out that I may actually be getting the added benefit of some new neurons too, making this news is better than XMAS.

COLORADO efforts towards legalization have taken one step forward with approval of the petition ballot language. Hordes of Volunteers are prepared to hit the streets following the printing and availability of these petitions. They will 'sweep' the Rocky Mtns. and Front Range getting available signatures to total the 68,000 needed to get this issue on the November ballot. Enthusiasum is HIGH and ACTION will be swift.

Personally, I can't wait to get the motorcycle constituancy of ABATE-Denver and others their unique opportunity to become one of the historic thousands working to change history for the better. My two-wheeled riding friends will SURELY help out with numerous signatures to this effort, helping assure a NOVEMBER BALLOT placement.

Plans continue to move forward for the upcoming discussion group my sweetheart, Kathleen and I are going to be having. I HOPE you will consider attending and participating if you have the need or could benefit from more information on MEDICAL MARIJUANA in Colorado. We look forward to meeting you. See below:

North Denver Medical Marijuana Discussion Group

Zheng Chi Medical Marijuana Discussion Group
    Front Range Community College(112th & Federal), Room L211
    6-8pm Monday, March 27
    &
    6-8pm Monday April 24

Zheng Chi or "Righteous Chi" is the Chi that is released to eliminate PAIN through the needles of Chinese Acupuncture, an effort that seems to be so much a regular part of my life, as I suffer with my Fibromyalgia flare ups! An entire team of doctors regularly helps me keep a better focus on quality of life, and to minimize the severe pain which plagues me. Medical marijuana is only one of the components for relief.

DISCLAIMER: This is solely an Educational gathering, bringing the public, medical marijuana patients, caregivers, interested parties, and others together for the purpose of discussing answers to questions surrounding the option of medical marijuana in Colorado. ABSOLUTELY no medications will be dispensed and NO DOCTOR will be onsite. RULES PROHIBITION any discussions of specific instances of securing medication with "NO Drug Dealing" allowed in "any way, shape or form" onsite during this educational discussion forum.