We're All Soldiers

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by The Botanist, May 5, 2011.

1. So Sun Tzu wanted to perfect the affair of wars, in order to minimize the loss of lives... for everyone.

One of his moto was

"To win the war without fighting, is the best."

And he thought if he mastered the war affair, and was given the command of an army, then he could end the wars that was raging through ancient China, and eventually bringing peace to the land.

And fate will have it, that he would be given the command of an army, and he would eventually end the war that was raging across the land, but it was only for a brief moment.

After Sun Tzu had won all the wars and therefore putting an end to the violence, it was peaceful for a while, but only after few years, men would screw things up again, and there will spring a new cause for a new war...

2. It's too bad he wasn't a high authority in government...

3. Confucius said,

"For survival, if a nation had to give up either its food, or its values, it should not hesitate to drop its food. For food, the nation can grow it again, but if the nation loses its values, it can not be replaced."

Then, a student asked,

"Master, what if a nation had to choose between its values and its weapons for survival... what should it choose?"

And with a difficulty, Confucious admitted.

"Then it should keep its weapons... Sadly we have not yet reached the ideal world."

4. We, ourselves, can put an end to all war and all fighting. See the pointlessness of it, and work around it, by going right through it

5. He was the supreme general, but in those days, the KING was above the supreme general... so he did have a high authority in the government, but he was never the KING...

In fact, it wasn't even his own country he served... he served some other kingdom...

He thought that even though China was divided into several kingdoms, he felt essentially everyone was the same 'Chinese'.

So he didn't feel he HAD to serve the kingdom he was born in...

6. And for that reason (that there was a King who controlled everything), he concluded that his effort to bring peace to the world was useless...

What good is it for him to win all the wars, if his king is only interested in women and booze?

7. I don't really want to defend my country. I want to die in battle. I want to die with dignity and honor.

8. #48 GGrass, May 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2011
    When Confucius became a very very old man, Sun Tzu was a young man.

And coincidentally they met.

Confucius was lecturing to a crowd, and Sun Tzu was amongst the audience.

Confucius was preaching how being 'good and benevolent' and 'righteousness' will bring peace to the world.

And Sun Tzu asked,

"If being good and benevolent is so effective in making our world an ideal place to live, then why is that there are so many theives in your home country?"

And Confucius replied with embarrasment,

"That is because people are not upholding the value and do what is right..."

---

Sun Tzu thought the way to peace was through mastering the violence. He thought he could use the might of the swords to quieten the noise.

Confucius on the other hand, thought only the 'right, and good' can bring peace to the land.

---

They both were on the same goal, but they were using different technics. Although on the surface, Sun Tzu's method seems violent, it should be realized that violence is NOT the objective, but rather, ending it is.

It's like Sun Tzu was trying to knock out his opponent in round one with a single punch, rather than exchanging painful blows for 12 rounds...

---

Later in life, Sun Tzu realized that Confucius's teaching was in fact, the better and more effective way to bring peace to the world...

---

I'm running out of time. Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed it.

9. Yes, we should do things the "right" way, but there is no use in denying the reality of the situation as it is, and using it as best as we can

10. Thanks for being a great audience, your presence was greatly felt and appreciated.

That means you too, TJ.

11. Do y'all think we'll ever get past our nature or is it a lost cause?

12. That's The Beauty In It. We Can See, What We Want To See.
    Yet, it is Not Our Emotion, it is The Emotion of Others that Are Felt.
    We Feel The Rejection, We Feel The Pain, We Know What Hell, that Was.
    We Just Feel A Little Left Out.
    That We Can't All Feel This Constant.
    That It Takes A Drug to Feel It.
    Who Said The Path Was Going to Be Easy?
    The Path, is Within.
    You Read The Words, You Write The Words.
    You Are The Constant.
    It Is Your Opposite that Manifests Itself In The World, When You Are Close.
    If You Ever Break Free, there will be Literal Hell To Pay.

13. Sorry I wasn't fully paying attention. I did have a fleeting thought that you're a fucking awesome dude though.

14. Many know the path, but only few choose to walk it.

15. Walking the path destroys the possibility for any other path :)

16. fuck the other paths

lol

:devious:

17. In the orient, there are litterally 'Paths' for you to follow. And there are many paths.

--

Bushido - Path of the warrior.

Kendo - Path of the sword.

--

Amongst the paths, there's a path... which is the path of following no path.

And this path... is called...

The path of the criminals.

18. May they be imprisoned for the crimes which they have commited! :p

19. Code:

Hopefully you won't be using that American set...

20. Lol you bumped my dinosaur to not even be on subject...

He most likely just got the first image that looked decent. jeez