Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

We're all people here, so lets touch base.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by shaggy2dope, Sep 18, 2011.

1. As much as i agree with having an apprentice and a seasoned toker's sections, i dont agree with the finger pointing of "you belong here or there" depending on certain content. at one point in the majority of your lives, we were headstrong on something we were wrong about or just a little uneducated on what we were doing. on the same hand, there are people who are blatantly ignorant, rude or dumb, but im not talking about them right now.

Seeing as all of us have learned and made mistakes, how bout everyone takes a chance to not give advice or talk down to anybody, but share a story of a time you found yourself corrected and it benefited you. share a story of an instance others may find themselves in where your outcome or experience may lead them into an easier time. lets get some positive reinforcement for these younger tokers (fresh 18 i mean of course) and show that even the best of us have made a mistake or had a bad experience as well. :smoking:

2. lol shiiiieeettt, I dont know where this threads goin.

3. hopefully its goin somewhere GC hasnt been yet, my idea is to get all the assholes who have comments like "good story bro" and "that glass is cheap thin shit" to admit when they have had a fault of there own and there not as much of a perfect prick they would like to make themselves out to be. theres a handful of regulars who are nothing but trolls, and nobody needs that. :smoking:

4. [​IMG]

No seriously though, no one's perfect, you can't expect to get rid of all the assholes because there's an asshole in all of us. I agree with the troll part though, but a little humor here and there put's a smile on my face :)

5. I think you're overthinking matters. I like posting random troll pictures and 'riveting tale chap' things. I'm usually high and I usually find those things entertaining. I never offend people and am very socially diverse.

I think people are starting to mix up the people who just want a little laugh with the actual trolls who like to go out of their ways to annoy/upset others.

Safe.

6. I could not agree more

7. This in a nutshell +abillionrep

8. Well, that's pretty negative! You may have thought you had the right idea to begin with, but opinions like the one above begin to ruin, whatever it was, you were going for.

You can't start something positive, while being so negative from the get-go. Not only has GC 'been there and done that', and not only are there PLENTY of similar threads, which have been presented in a much more positive tone, but unfortunately, there are also plenty of threads, just as passive-aggressive and negative, as this one. But the positivity on this site vastly outweighs the negative, and the volunteers who make it possible, are who we have to thank.

This is the internet, there will be 'sh*t-stirrers' and 'trolls', and the mods do as best they can, toning that down, while still letting folks have some fun.
    The mods are not paid, and there aren't nearly enough of them to read every single post, as it's posted. They have lives, and jobs. If you see something you don't like? Report it! Besides selectively reading bits and pieces of different threads, that's how they find out when something's amiss.

But passive-aggressive threads, complaining about 'trolls' on one hand and then asking them to post on the other, are generally just as destructive as the 'troll posts' these threads claim to be against.

9. I understand that some people like to post funny things, but the op probably specifically meant people who do it to annoy people like you said. But the people that have no life and come on gc just to fuck with other people are just pathetic.

10. no sir. out of context i see where your coming from. but by saying somewhere its never been before i wasn't referencing to pulling it out of the garbage or something. I dont expect you to have read every post Ive ever made so ill give you a run down and say ive got mad respect for this place, and like the atmosphere of it very much. what i meant was bring it a little above other forums that are around the same level and in this specific thread everyone should/could admit/share some sort of mistake they have made that could shed some light to some younger/less experienced smokers and people. maybe i could have constructed that a little better but i wasn't taking a stab at everyone and expecting the entire forum to change or something, i just was hoping maybe it was a good idea and would be a thread some could benefit from. i apologize if people have interpreted the opposite. :smoking:

11. #11 BritBrit, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2011
    Thanks man, appreciate that.

I get that, but I do think there are a lot of stiff liped people out there who are just as annoyed by the jokers. I love joking around...

Sometimes posting a 'riveting tale chap' picture just makes me laugh if i'm high. And I honestly even post it because It fits what i'd say well enough. I've even had infractions regarding this.

12. I try and do as much research as I can by myself before I ask a question on here. However, if I need a question answered, I'd much rather ask in Seasoned Tokers because the ones that post here know their shit the best. Why would I ask an advanced question in the Apprentice Tokers section?

13. because questions DO NOT BELONG IN SEASONED TOKERS.

SERIOUSLY.

it's in the sticky threads for the forum

14. One time I made fun of someone for swallowing a balloon full of weed. I should'na dun that, He wuz just a boi.

15. I say if people ask stupid questions, they should be called out on it. Helps people learn. I'd hope people do the same if I was wrong about something.

16. This could actually get us somewhere.

Theres so many damn threads made that consist of nothing but a question that NOBODY other than the OP can answer.

Such as,

How do i tell my mom I smoke?
    -Youre the only one who knows your moms damn personality, If anyones gonna know, its yourself.

Please people, Just think. Thats all I ask. Say to yourself, "Should I really trust strangers input about someone who they dont know in the slightest, Over my own input about my mother??"

This will slim down the Apprentice section quite a bit.

/Rant :cool:

17. So how do you "share your vast knowledge of the herb" without answering questions. I know many questions aren't appropriate for Seasoned Tokers, but some can't be answered in Apprentice Tokers.

18. They're still answered by the 'seasoned' folks, who frequent the apprentice section to offer guidance (or use the 'New Posts' button, to view threads). :)

19. bks is right again....

and fyi if you havent read her food thread you should!

the apprentice tokers thread is something i read through regularly and try to help answer any question that i have personal knowledge about. i am a seasoned toker, have been for over 10 years. which forums i read depend on my mood....if i am in a helping talkative mood i go to apprentice, if i am just stoned and want to read something interesting or share a smoking story i go to seasoned....

but honestly, most of my personal thread reading is in badkittysmiles main thread.... :)

as well as the growing threads of course....

but no one has actually answered the op...

ive made tons of mistakes, shit happens. like overwatering, overfeeding, underfeeding, using the wrong chemicals, the wrong lights, inadequate ventilation. and a million other im sure.

mistakes are there for us to learn from and grow from... :)

oh yeah...i hate trolls!