were all just waiting for something to happen

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by iWannaTreeONugs, Apr 8, 2012.

1. #1 iWannaTreeONugs, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2012
    Think about it, all we do our entire lives is wait for something to happen

Edit: we wait to get up, wait to go to work, wait to go home, and wait to go to sleep.

2. I've definitely been waiting on something to happen. Maybe I should stop. Maybe I've been doing this wrong. What the fuck am I waiting for? It's like I've been waiting for this to all be over. Now that I think about it, yea, I think I've been doing this wrong. I need to rethink some things.

3. Unless we're making something happen instead of waiting for it to happen.

4. I wish I was making something happen, I'm just kinda fading out.

5. dude, there's a good song about this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhoVUpAZPus]Dr. Dre - Stranded On Death Row - YouTube[/ame]

"Yo, now you know the path I'm on
    You think you're strong, see if you can travel on
    Cause only the weak, will try to speak
    Those who are quiet, will always cause riots
    There's three types of people in the world
    Those who don't know what happened
    Those who wonder what happened
    And people like us from the streets that MAKE things happen!"

6. I don't wait for shit I just live my. Life I cant wait to smoke tho lol

7. What makes you think we all live this way?

8. It's always happening, we just think it's somewhere else... and then when what we are looking for comes, we decide it's time to look for something else. Everything we could ever want is right here, we have just built up a wall of distractions, and a persona which always has problems, which keep us from enjoying reality in each and every moment.

Throughout the day, if I start to feel like I am chasing something, I remind myself "I have arrived, I am home".

9. [quote name='"Postal Blowfish"']

What makes you think we all live this way?[/quote]

Wait, what?

10. [quote name='"Postal Blowfish"']

What makes you think we all live this way?[/quote]

Quote fail much?

11. This is true... but, only to an extent, sometimes some things are out of the subject's hand's.

12. Perhaps. My point was that...

...is inaccurate.

13. [quote name='"Shade"']

...is inaccurate.[/quote]

How is that inaccurate?

14. This has already been explained. Perhaps you'd like to explain how it is accurate?

15. Except if you're moving at the speed of light, then you're making things happen that are going to happen in relative to someone watching you. Making two things happen nomsayin??

16. [quote name='"Shade"']

This has already been explained. Perhaps you'd like to explain how it is accurate?[/quote]

In almost everything we do we have some waiting time, therefore we are always waiting for something to happen