We're all blind

Discussion in 'General' started by Agovita, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Sorry if this should be in Pandora's, but I don't think so.

I was just wondering, what would a blind person see if they took a hallucinogen?

Or even if a color blind person took shrooms, would they see color? Technically they can't see color because of a defect in the retina's cones, which means that a color blind mind should still be able to still interpret colors?
    :smoking:

P.s. Mad scramble this morning. My parents called at 8 this morning, and said they would be here in two hours... .they're supposed to be in Arizona. So much shit to hide... Parents don't know I toke.

2. Do they dream?

3. I'm sure they do, but in what context? Would there be imagery or just like... brail?

4. #4 Jaded, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
    so, i googled it.

"I don't "see" in dreams because I have no visual images on which to base anything. Instead, my dreams are very rich with the senses of my world. My girlfriend (she is sighted) and I have conversations about dreams all the time and we often share dream ideas. It's in the interpretation where we differ. I hope that helps a bit."

i thought that was interesting. i'm sure we wouldn't be able to fully comprehend it, as we've always had our sight, but i think maybe it would be like... when you're thinking about something more in 'concepts,' if you know what i mean.

i have no idea about shrooms or anything, though.

5. if you where blind and ate shrooms or done some kind of hallucinogen, do you have any idea how easy that shit would be to have a bad trip? You can't think clearly on that shit, your heads racing too fast, and thinking is the main fundamental in a blind persons movement. If I where blind and on a shroom trip I would probably just have to lay in my bed for the whole trip for a fear of me getting lost or something.

Very good question though.

6. If i was blind i dont even think i would be able to smoke weed. When all you have is your thoughts and nothing else i think i would freak out even just smoking weed.

Shrooms????? FUCK that........try this: eat shrooms and blindfold yourself for the entire trip............i bet nobody can last 1 hour......it would be scary as fuck

7. #7 Jaded, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
    ^yeah, but we've also been seeing for our entire lives.
    they don't know was 'seeing' is like, so the fact that they cannot see wouldn't be any scarier to them than normal, you know what i mean?

i can't wrap my mind around suddenly going blind though, after having been able to see for a good portion of your life.
    that would freak me the fuck out, even completely sober. i hate not being able to see. i get all freaked out even trying to walk two steps when i'm blind-folded or in pitch-black.

8. Yea that is quite the concept to think about. Its like a totally deaf person gettin put in a high quality sound box. Blare something with heavy base and I'd bet they'd freak the hell out.

9. Found something on the web...

http://www.textfiles.com/drugs/ALT.DRUGS/blind-trip

open with notepad

10. ''What a great way to take a vacation without leaving home! It does disturb
    me to read about people who take drugs like this and insist on doing things
    like driving that require good judgment and a clear head. ''

How does a blind man read?

11. Not Braille...

12. The Braille News: Read between the bumps.

13. man thats awesome. i've thought about this a few times, and considering blind people's hearing is enhanced to begin with, and i've heard shrooms make you hallucinate mainly auditorily, it must be intense for a blind guy.