Went without water - think she's a goner

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by mardanlin, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Let me start off by saying my depression is now starting to set in. I have a White Widow tree, yes, tree, in a 5 gal bucket hydro system. She was my pride and joy, a base the size of a bottle neck and 30 cola tops all starting to develop nicely.

I measure pH all the time and give her the best nutrients, compost tea etc. But what do I overlook? The simplest fucking thing in the book. She was drinking the res ever 3-4 days. Well, I left her completely out of water for about 14-20 hours. I woke up 2 mornings ago and opened the closet door to a nightmare.

All her leaves were curled up into tubular leaflets and some were dry to the touch. One or two stems actually got black in the middle and it seems they died (drooping over). However, the rest of the plant is still standing tall, but the leaves are making a minimal and slow recovery.

It's been 48 hours and some improvement has been seen, but she isn't drinking like she should. She's drank less than a gallon in 2 days. :(

How long can it take to recover from lack of water? I'm tempted to give her a burial, but I can't just toss 3 months worth of work because of one day's mistakes. I feel like a fucking moron. :(

2. sorry to hear about what happened bro, i'm not experienced in hydro, just soil.

but i'm pretty sure she could be dead, if the leaves are like crispy theres no way to bring them back, if they were just drooping heavily than you would have a good chance.

just cross your fingers and hope it perks up, if not you might have to say goodbye.

gl bro.

3. give it at least a week before you chop her. if it dies its dead like it is now. but if it recovers, you saved a life. worth the weeks wait to see what happens.

4. It's sprouting new leaves. That's a good sign. I tugged on the roots as well, they're still in tack and I wasn't able to rip any out, good sign of life.

I'm just worried about the stunted yield and development.

5. that's harsh, dude...
    if there's signs of recovery all is not lost... i'd take off the really dead branches and crispy leaves though, lest they start infecting the healthy parts, and also to focus nutes...
    she'll definitely be stunted yield-wise, but if she continues to grow you'll get more out of it than if you chop it all now...
    good luck :wave:

6. My only concern is this plant is so huge. If I just scrap it now I can downsize my grown tremendously because all my new guys are LST. I have 3 clones in a bucket next to it that are 3rd week into flower. They're not much behind the big guy, it's just that I would lose so much yield. I was expecting at least 3-4oz of the big one.

At any rate, it is growing new leaves and they're getting bigger and more fan-like by the hour. I just don't know if I have it in me to wait 5 more weeks for this girl to bloom fully.