Went to see OFWGKTA...

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by AnAverageSmoker, Sep 9, 2011.

1. and they were horrible. Came on late, went off early... someone threw a can off beer on stage and the creator launched it back into the crowd, this led to the crowd and odd future throwing bottles and cans at each other. One of the cameramen took one in the side of the head. At the end of the set they destroyed the microphones off the floor before leaving. Their vocals were terrible(it couldnt have been the PA system since House of Pain were on before hand and were ace) and their lyrics sucked ass. Went to see them due to all the hype around them especially from members on grasscity and them being compared to Wu tang but I was misled. Whoever is comparing them to Wu needs to get their heads checked, they were mad hyped but turned out to be mad shite.

Anyone else seen them live? What you think?

2. Exactly my thoughts.

They're whack. They were popular for a minute there, just like literally everybody else

you can't compare Goblin to something like Liquid Swords....c'mon!

3. not seen them live, not really interested in their tedious brand of bullshit rap either,
    I've listened to enough of their shit to make a judgement on them, I like rap but these kids suck.

Only thing more annoying than them in rap right now is their fans, goin round spouting their retarded little catchphrases, shits lame.

4. big deal one fucking bad performance

not every one can be amazing

from what i've seen they are ill live

5. We have ourselves a fan boy.

6. I could be a better Devil than Tyler ever could be if I really put my mind to it

7. watch out.

he'll stab you in the goddamn esophagus, and won't stop until the cops come in.

8. lol i like when people dont get them

9. I know they are all about shock value and all this crap and taylor doesnt give a fuck about this that and the other. Eminem use to pull this off but to me odd future just seem like obnoxious clowns...

10. #10 Nostradamus, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2011
    They were popular? Tyler the creator just copped his own tv show on Adult Swim, their all coming out with new albums and tyler is getting more recognition every day by people cause of that vma award he won, yesterday he was in the studio with swizz and busta. Yeah their still popular buddy, yall mad cause their not wu tang? Well they aren't wu tang and their both good in their own way and not meant to be compared and thats coming from both tyler and method. Edit: Plus to the OP if you think their all shock value then you really don't get em and only listened to their "hits", not trynna preach but its the truth.

11. [​IMG]

12. #12 Newklear, Sep 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2011

That sounds badass actually.

The only reason I think they're compared to Wu is because it's a collective that has its own producers and all that. Not because they sound the same or anything.

I love Odd Future, but I hate OF dickriders though. Especially the Yonkers kind of dickriders.

13. i heard their show here in australia was pretty similar to what was described above, they seem to act like they dont care a bit too much and their show suffers coz of it. people go to see them play their music dont be rude and dickheads to their fans.

14. I love when pretentious fanboys consider mediocre music to be on some other level and assume people who don't like it actually don't "get it".

You, sir, have provided me with great lulz at your own expense, how very brave of you.

15. i like when people assume things too
    when did i say their music is 'on some other level?'
    take a look in the mirror before you go throwing around insults

16. lol? Sound slike a pretty badass show to me. Anyways, i'm going to their OCT 15 show so I ddont want to hear this shit haha

17. what's "all that" ?

RZA is Wu Tang's only producer in the group

18. You've got a different opinion than me so I must hate you for it. :rolleyes:

19. [quote name='iCremateCanabis']what's "all that" ?

By "all that" I meant they both have dedicated fanbases, and symbols and alternate names for the group, stuff like that. Like Wu-Tangs Killa Bees, and Odd Futures Wolves.

They can be thought of as comparable by some people, but I didn't even think of making that connection until I heard about it from other people.

It does make alot more sense, though, to compare OF and WU then like....OF and A Tribe Called Quest, or most other hip hop groups that I know of from that time period.

So I could imagine why people tend to compare the two.

20. By "all that" I meant they both have dedicated fanbases, and symbols and alternate names for the group, stuff like that. Like Wu-Tangs Killa Bees, and Odd Futures Wolves. They both have alot of members, too. The music isn't the same at all though.

It does make alot more sense, though, to compare OF and WU then, say....OF and A Tribe Called Quest, or most other hip hop groups that I know of from that time period.

So I could imagine why people tend to compare the two.