Went to a rave for the first time last night

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BleachdAddy, Aug 11, 2011.

1. #61 Virtue 7, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2011

Well, if we want to get technical raves are dead. It's better to just call these things events.

And trust me.. Two days of Bassnectar and Pretty Lights (which has happened) is closer to a rave than the things I see.

Freaks and fairies. People painted up. Camping. Loving. Doing drugs. Not doing drugs. Dancing for two days and two nights straight.. That's a rave. Or at least an event lol

I think "rave" has just evolved. It's hard to be underground. Most event throwers want to get known... and most DJ's want to get known... and everybody just likes to party. With things like Facebook "raves" aren't underground at all anymore. Things hardly exist. I mean, they do... but who wants to party in a warehouse with no popular DJ's and few people? I've been there. I've done that. It's great. But "underground" gets boring.

2. Indeed. I'm not hating on 'events' at all as I go to many, and many good ones. Just wanted to state my definition of a rave. But ye I knida agree.

3. I know you're not hating :) :wave:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50UByj7024k[/ame]

4. idk about raves, but bassnectar, deadmau5, pretty lights and shpongle were good as fuck everytime i seen them no matter what i was on.

5. "events" > crappy warehouse raves

6. Of course.

Who would you rather listen to a pro Musician or an amateur musician. Its as simple as that.

7. I love going to rave like concerts and dancing the night away! and I haven't had to use any unmentionables to enjoy my time so far! weed is just enough for me :)

8. i think doing that stuff is definelty a big (and fun) part of the experience...i just dont think its necessary everytime u go to one, some people really cant go see dubstep or house etc etc without some sort of upper/hallucinogen

u just dont have to do it everytime, but yeah, doing drugs at concerts and at clubs are pretty damn fun

9. are there raves anywhere in the states? it seems like a popular thing in europe but i have only been to one rave at bonnaroo when i saw bassnectar. which was fuckin sick!! i want to go to more of these.

10. theres a shit ton...just gotta look up venues and shit

bassnectar tours all the time btw

11. Dubstep is best listened to whilst smoking and nothing else IMO, but this is of course good dubstep, so basically all pre 2008, none of this new garbage that America has created with people like Skrillex.

12. MELT MY FACE OFF MAN

:laughing:

yeah europe has a good rave/clubbing scene. probably because of the 18 drinking age.

13. [quote name='"BonesTT"']Dubstep is best listened to whilst smoking and nothing else IMO, but this is of course good dubstep, so basically all pre 2008, none of this new garbage that America has created with people like Skrillex.[/quote]

Blah blah blah.

14. I'm not expert on dubstep, but I know that the evolution and popularity increase over in America meant that dubstep is becoming more electro and less dub and garage, which is what I liked it for.

15. Infact what Skrillex is doing is straight electro it shouldn't even be put under the banner of DUBstep.

16. skrillex is the justin bieber of dubstep, he always has to be mentioned.

17. skrillex fucking blows

i dont listen to a lot of him, but from what ive personally heard, its def waaaayyyyyy more dubstep than electro...i havent heard him do any electro since last year when he first started

18. Its just 'cos hes one of the most famous of the new 'dubstep' artists and I really coluldn't care less ablout the genre these days so I dont know the artists names most of the times. But I go out a lot in a place that has 3 or 4 nights a week with dubstep and grime nights with famous names and know a lot of people who listen to it a lot, and I just know what I hear doesn't compare to the old stuff.

19. I definitely class that as electro, the machine made over the top wobbles and crashes etc is not dubstep, its just what it has evolved to. Absolute tripe.

20. #80 BonesTT, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2011
    My favourite dubstep track.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEmM6vVFrao[/ame]

Smoking and listening to shit like this I can do :cool: