Went to a rave for the first time last night

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BleachdAddy, Aug 11, 2011.

1. welcome to the rave scene man. Been going to shows for a little over a year now, it's the shit.

2. I need to be really in the mood to go to a metal moshpit, where I can mosh at a punk show anyday.

but I have knocked out a fellow or two in a metal pit. :devious:

3. Hell yeah

4. OP, glad you had a good time at your event.

Im going to lovevolution afterparty this saturday. Im ready to see moby, dance, grind on bitches while on unmentionables, and having a good time.
    Though im more into the postdubstep shit and the la basshead scene

5. I looove to rave! I've met so many nice people there its really life changing.. I haven't been to any massives yet (freaknight I might go to) only local ones. But it had a couple a hundred. Bassnectar eh? Lucky

6. It's funny around my neck of the woods it's the other way around. Years ago I was really into punk shows, that's all this area had to offer. But as time changes so does the music and now it's raves at the local bars. This area isn't all that large either but we still get a few big names strolling through.

But I appreciate all forms of music. It's been few too many years since I have been to a good ol fashion punk show though.

7. [quote name='"Leesh"']

Shambhala is what it is called :)[/quote]

I have heard of that I watched some YouTube videos and it look fucking amazing! Never been though, to far of a trip. If I'm correct it's in like canada right?

8. It's held in Salmo (west kootenays), British Columbia.
    People from literally all over world attend this wonderful event. Not going to lie, I have never seen so much respect and positive vibes from a music festival with the amount of people that attend. This guy has put a lot of work into it, the stages are outstanding, there's beautiful work everywhere, and there's sssoooo much awesome music.
    This was my first year and I already have so much in mind for next year. Seeing as it will be the 15th year anniversary, I'm sure there will be something just mind blowing.

9. I love glowsticks!

10. yea a lot of people are like that

ive literally never gone to a show and not at least smoked or drank, and thats a LOT of shows, but ive def gone to plenty of "raves" just chillin smoking a blunt before i get in there or have a couple drinks, i call that a sober show

like i saw wolfgang gartner in a tiny little club in april and just had a couple drinks and had an AWESOME time...but ive def gone all the fuck out on numerous drugs and had a great time too...for me (and sadly a lot of people arent like this) the drugs are just an added plus, i go for the music (and the afterparty lol)

11. sounds like a grand old time... but i cant dance so why the fuck would I go?

12. [quote name='"Leesh"']

It's held in Salmo (west kootenays), British Columbia.
    People from literally all over world attend this wonderful event. Not going to lie, I have never seen so much respect and positive vibes from a music festival with the amount of people that attend. This guy has put a lot of work into it, the stages are outstanding, there's beautiful work everywhere, and there's sssoooo much awesome music.
    This was my first year and I already have so much in mind for next year. Seeing as it will be the 15th year anniversary, I'm sure there will be something just mind blowing.[/quote]

Yeah that's a long trip for me but it sounds totally worth it! Maybe I can talk some friends into going. Wait what am I talking about, of course all my friends would go lol. It's just a matter of getting the money for it. I go to summer camp for my music festival of the year. I'm goin to see bassnectar here in like 12 days

13. lucky i wish i was seeing nectar in 12 days, but i guess i got PL in about 12 days also, so whatevs

i miss the old bassnectar shows tho, i really fucking do

14. #54 ytfghmjb, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
    cause its awesome

who cares if you can dance or not just go enjoy yourself

15. its awesome.

FOAM PARTIES

16. i always just get hammered if imma go to something like that. Molly and shit aint my thing really

17. tbh i just mostly get smashed too. there is better stuff but alcohol still gets the job done at raves, plus i like the convenience or just ordering drinks at the bar.

18. P.L.U.R. = People Looking Ugly Rolling...

Raving was fun, now it got kinda gay

19. Did you roll too much or what?

20. I personally wouldn't class these shows like Bassnectar as rave, as good as they are, but they're not my definition of a rave.

A rave is like a gathering formed by an underground invitation that only people who are interested in that kinda thing would go to with techno/elcectro/rave music and shit loads of lazers etc.

Living in Nottigham much of the year I get all the best dubstep and grime artists coming to club nights but I don't consider that a rave. Just a really good night.