Went to a rave for the first time last night

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BleachdAddy, Aug 11, 2011.

1. All I gotta say is that shit was fucking fun, I wish someone would have informed me earlier about how awesome it is to dance around with random strangers. I did take unmentionables but I liked it so much that I'm going to go back to the same place next week totally sober (well maybe aside from weed) to just dance my face off. I've been a fan of electronic music for a little while now but this gave the genre a whole new meaning. What do you blades think of raves share your experiences.

2. Buddy, i've had my fair share of rave experiences, and the one thing i can tell you is that this statement is TOTAL bullshit.

3. Yeah tough to go sober but when i was 15-18 I used a fake ID to get into clubs and went and saw tons of famous djs. Always a awesome experience, electronic music is good. There is a lot of crap out there but theres gold to. There is something in electronic music for everyone you just have to find the right genres/subgenre.

People are always very closed minded about all types of electronic music, people refer it as techno all the time and it drives me nuts.

4. What do you mean? Is it not possible to go and simply not ingest any drugs?

5. I just went to a huge music festival that's pretty much a 5 day rave. It wasn't that hard to have a great fucking time without being high on other drugs. I smoked a lot of weed and still enjoyed myself to the max without a doubt. I was feeding off of everyone else vibes and honestly that was enough for me. Even during the day there was a lot of awesome music to rock out to.

I'm definitely going next year but for the full amount of time. I was only able to get 2 days off work, but now that I know what it's all about. I'm going to push for a week off for next year.

6. Fuck going to a rave without doing some form a stimulant.

7. [quote name='"Leesh"']I just went to a huge music festival that's pretty much a 5 day rave. It wasn't that hard to have a great fucking time without being high on other drugs. I smoked a lot of weed and still enjoyed myself to the max without a doubt. I was feeding off of everyone else vibes and honestly that was enough for me. Even during the day there was a lot of awesome music to rock out to.

I'm definitely going next year but for the full amount of time. I was only able to get 2 days off work, but now that I know what it's all about. I'm going to push for a week off for next year.[/quote]

What festival was that? a 5 day electronic festival sounds amazing!

8. i would of rolled. def.:eek:

9. ~dancing with strangers in dark rooms... smiling and sweating... they're beautiful~

10. Shambhala is what it is called :)

11. Its kind of uncommon.

12. I've been to plenty of events not on drugs. Dancing and feeling the music gives me quite the high. Especially if there is a lot of people... Too bad I agree with the above users, though... Too many people "have" to do drugs to go to events.

13. It's not a case of having to do them to go to it or enjoy it. Its a case of having them to take that enjoyment to the next level.

14. what rave was it? Ive been to plenty of raves..i fucking love them. Seeing bassnectar and big gigantic last week was almost more insane that edc in vegas...damn good times.

15. sounds sweet man, going baked is straight too!

16. I LOVE electronic music. I've always been really into it, but this year I started going to a lot of festivals and rave-type shit and it has really opened my eyes to what a good time it is. Most recent rave-type scenes I've been to were Dayglow (which was awesome because it's just a fun time, even though the DJ's are definitely not all that amazing) and Identity Festival which was fucking amazing as well. Can't wait til ULTRAfest in Miami!! Heard it tops all other electronic music festivals.

The college I go to also has a lot of empty houses/basements in the area that people own to throw raves in and hire all types of dj's and shit which is awesome.

17. All I can say is see Bassnectar. No matter what people tell you. It's spiritual. Sober or fucked up :smoking:

18. FUCK! :eek: i'm envious of you friend.

:cool:.

19. seeing him in two weeks for the first time! can't wait.

20. get there early, dude! it's worth it to be in front. his basscrew dances around in the front and gives people water! it's cooler than it sounds, trust me! ;)

they also give out ear plugs.. i'd suggest them, dude.. it makes you be able to feel the bass that much more!

be prepared for bass sounding like harmonic nuclear explosions blasted in yo face... and water... there'll be lots of water.... :yay: