Went through musical drought

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Rugaroo, Nov 16, 2011.

1. I don't know how the fuck it happened, but I started to realize that I don't listen to music the way I used to. Somewhere along the line....I stopped really actively searching for shit I liked, and just listened to stuff that I bumped into that sounded good.

It made me lose something, that I feel coming back.
    Has this ever happened to you?

P.s.- I'm finding the metal that was infront of me for years that I haven't really seen....time to get better at guitar so I can play this shit !

2. I hit a musical drought a while back

It was time to move into new genres of music

I left most of my old music behind and I focus on new releases

I don't buy tons of music like I used to but I'm really enjoying the shit out of what I'm playing these days!!

:)

3. I hear you. Try a new instrument. Listen to a genre that's completely alien to you, like I've done. I use a good website to find new music, but I don't know if I'm allowed to link to it. It's called allmusic, and it's been killer on my wallet, in a good way.

4. I've listened to pretty much everything I'm ever going to...my music collection is 100gb now so I just put it on shuffle or listen to classic rock on the radio...pandora is another good way to find stuff you've never heard

5. Musical droughts only happen when the listener stops looking. There's so much good music out there that I'll probably never even hear