WEMF - World Electronic Music Festival

Discussion in 'Clubs, DJ’s and Festivals' started by Xenfire, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Any WEMFers on GC? One of a kind experience up in Madawaska Ontario. If you don't know where that is, it's in the middle of buttfuck nowhere ontario and it's motherfucking beautiful. 3 day rave with all sorts of EDM artists, music never stops goes straight from noon friday to noon sunday. It's going to be fucking incredible :D

Here are some videos and pictures

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psc4_Hwji14]WEMF 2012 Official Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7W_NBO3fHQ&feature=related]WEMF 2011 Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctDntzYjlh4&feature=related]Jack Beats - YouTube[/ame]

Attached Files:

2. #2 Xenfire, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
    heres the lineup for those interested.
    you can read more at WEMF.com

Attached Files:

3. Make sure to catch Dub FX, he'll bring his A game I'm sure, it really looks like he has a lot of Passion for what he does. He also has a friend that he plays with that's amazing at the Sax. Mr. Woodnote is his name. I also saw SPY on the lineup which intriqued me a bit. They had this awesome song that they never released except for a small clip. It was called Let It Ride. I'm sure they'd be worth catching though

4. just wondering, what are the laser laws in Canada? In Europe they're allowed to go into the crowd, in America they're not. What about Canada?

btw, make sure you hit Christopher Lawrence's set if you're into true trance

5. I'm not sure of the laser law here. I think theres only that rule in the states, but I don't know for sure.

And I'll check him out for sure, his live sets look epic as fuck :smoke:

6. wow....that lineup catches my attention. I saw S.P.Y. in DC a couple months ago. If you're into drum and bass, he's about as good as it gets. Mimosa can also get the crowd going, just saw him at Bisco, Friday at 3am, holy shit! 4,000+ people going bananas

7. Im going this year for the first time, only a week brothaa! I've heard that the fuzz is heavy up at the festival though so im a little skeptical but I dont know if thats true

8. #8 Xenfire, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012
    From what I heard the police are pretty fucking chill, they know that everyone is going to be fucked out of their mind on all sorts of substances, they're there to help you if you have a problem and to protect from any violence or people causing issues. WEMF is pretty well known for the excessive drug use that goes on there.

Just don't do drugs right in front of a police officer and you should be fine. They don't care if you're fucked up, it's a BYOB drug and alcohol fueled rave in the middle of nowhere, the cops know what to expect.

This will also be my first year. I'm bringing a PVC tube to make a makeshift bong out of at my campsite. Just a tip, stay away from the roads, set your tent up in the middle of the tent city, if you're gonna get caught by police it's definitely going to be by the roads, they generally won't venture into the tent city.

5 DAYS MAN :smoke:

9. Anyone have any great WEMF stories? My first wemf was fucking incredible, it has literally changed my life.

Sadly there aren't many stories I can tell here without breaking the rules ahahahaha I'm sure you know what I mean.

I did see the sun rise on both mornings, which was beautiful. Got about 3 hours of sleep each night which really fucked me up for a few days after that weekend haha. Didn't feel normal for like 3 or 4 days.

You may have seen me saturday morning if you were still awake early morning. I was at the top of the hill before the gate into the stage area, sitting in a folding chair enjoying a cigarette and watching the sun rise. I was pretty fucked up still.

Second night, if you saw a dude at the stages with a chair and a furry blanket, that was my friend who got a little carried away and, well lets just say he spent the whole night in that chair LOL

So how was your WEMF GC?