Well, wish me all sorts of luck.

Discussion in 'General' started by Durchii, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Heading to the dentist this morning. If all goes well, then I should have my last two wisdom teeth removed by noon, but the dentist I'm with isn't so confident that he'll be able to do it himself. From what the X-Rays show, the two bottoms that need to be yanked have grown in completely sideways and/or with exposed nerve endings, causing the extraction to be across a wider area than normal and, somehow, requiring bone to be removed in the process. If he can't complete the extraction himself, they may have to rush me to an Oral Surgeon for an immediate follow-up surgery.

I'm not concerned, really. Maybe it's the Valium, but in an odd way, I'm rather excited. I should be totally useless to the world for the next couple of days due to Percocets and Amoxicillin, so expect a whole barrage of posts from me before Saturday.

Well, Vaya Con Dios. Wish me luck!

:D

2. GL and make sure you bring an old high times and leave it there 4 the next stoner

3. Good luck! I need to get mine removed too. I've only been putting it off for 12 years.

4. Good luck man!

5. With Anaesthesia
    It'll be easier

Best of luck.

6. The sudden and unexpected alleviation of pain can be even more intoxicating than the highest peaks of a drug induced stupor. Thank god for Percocets.

Well, the operation went as planned. It took quite a bit longer for each tooth to be removed than it did last time, but the Novacaine helped. I refused to accept Nitrous, as I typically do pretty well at the Dentist's, and I wasn't nervous in the slightest. They underdosed me with Anaesthetic, so the removal of the left molar was a pain in the ass as he kept hitting the nerve ending. They also had to drill through about a square inch of bone on each side to even get them out but, other than that, they came out all right.

Now time for the strenuous wait for the pain killers to kick in.

7. ugh damn son. I would have to be heavily drugged for that shit, elsewise I would be buggin the fuck out!

8. :eek: you refused nitrous?

9. Never liked it. It always gave me more anxiety than when I went into the office to begin with. Plus they would have charged me $50 for it, which I wouldn't have minded paying if I actually needed it, but it would have been trivial.

Nah, the operation was pretty cool actually. About the only thing that disturbed me slightly was when he started drilling into my bone, miscroscopic specks of bone dust flew out of my mouth and I must have inhaled at least a lung full of it. Human bone matter has a strange taste to it, take it from me.

I'm just waiting for this Novacaine shit to wear off. My entire mouth feels like a brick and I can't eat or drink for the life of me.

:p

10. I never say no to nitrous at the dentist! EVER, lol. I'm not afraid either.

I'm glad that it went well, when I get home my first bowl will be for you and your exteeth!

11. Heh, thanks man.

I'll get some pictures of the teeth here in a few minutes. You guys should get a kick out of that. Sweet, the Percs are kicking in. Goodbye sore mouth... hello soul mouth.

12. How sick am I but I cannot wait for teeth pictures.

13. I had all four wisdom teeth removed as well as two molars that got infected... that was the shittiest 2 months in my life.

After every time you eat there will be food stuck in the holes cause they are DEEP

I am still washing stuff out of the bottoms everytime i eat and its been a year

good luck bro

-mark

14. I took them. I just need to boot my girlfriend from the Editing Laptop before I can get them up.

Please hold.

15. Just some quickies, so they're not all that great. Enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And what would a photo post from me be without a gratuitious Pug Portrait?

[​IMG]

16. In spite of everything, the Percocets seem to be doing their job fairly well. I'm taking them in conjunction with Acetaminophen to give the soreness a run for its money. They also have me on a blood coagulant, as I'm swallowing about a mouthful every half hour.

I still have to bite down on this gauze for at least another day to minimize the flow of blood through the wounds, though, which isn't the greatest thing in the world. I tried taking them out for a few minutes to eat.... bad idea.

:p

17. [I asked in your other thread, but what kind of camera do you use? I'm assuming it's digital. I am getting sick of my not so cheap digital camera not capturing colors correctly and it's pissing me off to no end.]

Yay for teeth pictures!! They don't look so big after all the trouble do they?

I bled a lot after I got my wisdom teeth pulled, I ruined a pillow actually because I drooled blood all over the place. You'll be fine, don't eat until tomorrow, just eat some yogurt.

18. I hear ya on the bone matter.

They had to cut on eof my teeth in half. Burning tooth is discusting.

19. I hear ya on the bone matter.

They had to cut on eof my teeth in half. Burning tooth is discusting.