1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

well,well,well!

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by smokinokie, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Ganjababe is a Mod!

Well done! You deserve it!

In a effort to clutter up this new forum I'm throwing out a new thread on the same subject of playing music.

Trumpet, Keyboards, but Bass is what I've done the most. When most people were going to college or getting a rung at the bottom of some corporate ladder, I was cruising the midwest in broken down vehicles, living to play, playing to live, starving artist type thingee, prone to starvation and respiratory diseases. Winter living in a van will change your mind about things. Oh! The stories I could go on about!
    But everytime I do, "Glory Days" by Bruce Springsteen starts playing in my head. Then I gotta go back on medication again.

2. Thanks smokin! I can totally see you rockin out to Glory Days haha I sometimes see myself doing that too, time to put down the pipe! ;)

My mom thought I was going to play in the San Francisco Symphony with a clarinet, but I thought the 'net was too nerdy, so I kept with the piano and now I don't have either one. ;( I still get to practice the piano when I visit my parents, whom I made promise me inheritance of. Now if I could just get the time & $ to learn guitar that's what I really want to do next...

3. smokinokie....sounds like we have had alot of similar experiances in our "Glory Days"!! I look forward to reading some of those "stories" ya mentioned!! Ganjaphish, it's too bad ya felt "nerdy" playin' the net.....music lost to peer pressure! And in NO WAY do I mean to be critical, but if ya wanna play guitar, your gonna have to MAKE the time dah'lin!! Wouldn't it be cool if the music lovers(not excluding the non-players!) could get together for a big Jam & BLAZE session!!!! HaHaHa....what a PARTY that would be. Wishin' HIGH's to ya'll!!!!

4. Jam n Blaze, and non-players could just blaze n blaze it'd be supa nice, wish I had a big backyard w/ a huge pool for the occasion alas it's raining and i have a teensy apt :)

Anyhoo, I know I have to make the time, it takes patience and practice, none of which I have at this point in my life. I'm all about intstant gratification, so I just listen to music more than I create (unless you count shower singin').. wish I had at least a keyboard here to practice piano, last time I played for 2 hours and I was strugglin' :( can still play Imagine & a few Les Miserables pieces flawless but that's 'bout it.

I loved the 'net, I really did, but my personality really screamed TRUMPET at the time, so I did that for awhile instead. Couldn't tell ya if I could still play one, tho :D

Grasscity Deals Near You