Well we know who the new Fox News is....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deutschbag, Nov 7, 2008.

1. WOW.. not even Hannity or O'Reilly would say shit like that.

How can anyone trust this guy to give any sort of balanced information?

2. Wow big surprise there, Guess Matthews is Obamas Newly Picked Propaganda Minister.

3. what does this mean coming from a journalist? Can we pretty much count on the fact that he will NEVER question any actions by this administration?

4. #5 nfs924, Nov 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2008
    Hmmm, I wonder why MSNBC suddenly wants to help someone have a successful presidency.

I previously only saw this being practiced from 1993-2001.

Now it's coming back in 2009?

Interesting...nah, I don't see a link.

5. #6 babaloeey, Nov 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2008
    That video hardly shows any significant bias.

Matthews said he wanted to see the Obama presidency work, isn't that the hope of every citizen of America? Matthews is also an American citizen, don't we all want to see it work? Isn't this bigger than just politics? And even in that video, Joe Scarbourough (who belongs to the same network), offers a counter-point, something of which is not characteristic of FOX news at all. You're stretching, man.

But I was going to say perhaps FOX news would be the new FOX news. Surely Murdoch has things he needs from the new administration, it would be interesting to see how their reporting skews in favor of Obama (if it even does), now that he is in control.

6. While I never thought that Fox possessed any journalistic integrity to begin with, I am sort of stunned at how quickly they throw that mammath POS into reverse.

7. He said it's his "job" to make this Presidency successful. That is not his job. His job is to report the news and ask questions. Yes Fox shows the counter point all the time. Do you even watch Fox? They have democrats on ALL the time. Obviously they lean conservative, I don't get why the get all the blame of being bias when it's proven that most of the media votes and is liberal.

8. Who considers Matthew's a journalist? He's a talk show pundit, he's a commentator, this is clear. Just like O'Reilly, Hannity, and Olbermann, he has an opinion, and he has an agenda. But that's not to say he can't hope for the success of a president.

I advise you to see the 'Nader at it Again' thread. You will see an example of FOX reporting. Compare the two videos. Read my post in that thread. You will see that these two networks aren't even in the same ballpark when it comes to bias.

9. Of course we can hope that he has a good presidency. but is it truely his "job" to make it a success? Would you be saying the same thing if O'Reilly had said that at some time during the last 8 years?

and that doesn't show bias it shows Smith being a douche bag. Some of those guys are idiots like on "fox and friends" I agree. I really wonder though why O'Reilly and all the other primetime shows on Fox are the most watched cable news shows on TV.

10. exactly man.. imagine if Mccain won and Hannity or or one of the others made that same statement.... i'm sure no one would take issue LOL.

11. What a tool. Fucking puppets.

12. Whether they admitted to it or not, FOX News' job was to make Bush look like a success. We're talking about the network as a whole, not just the passing comment of a partisan political commentator.

FOX had their team; O'Reilly, Hannity, Brit Hume, Shepard Smith, Neil Cavuto, and even the sexy scantily clad women reporters defending Bush and delivering the bias to the masses on a daily basis. Not just on the pundit's shows, we saw the bias leak into the news briefs themselves.

This is the difference between FOX and MSNBC. FOX always had an agenda. A few years ago, memos from FOX news chief John Moody were leaked, proving the clear bias that was going on behind the scenes at FOX. Those memos were more of a smoking gun than the comment of a political pundit, who, as a commentator, is already open with his opinions.

Speaking of pundits, you never see a pundit on any other channel using FOX's characteristic dirty tricks. Dirty tricks such as yelling at their opponent, cutting them off, patronizing them, insulting them, and cutting off their mic. These are all methods I have only seen FOX news pundits use. Nearly 100% of the time directed at someone they disagree with (ie: a liberal).

You can't assert that MSNBC is the new FOX news, because no network will ever even closely approach the same level of bias that FOX news always, and always will have.

13. MSNBC has an agenda as well! They even booed the Presidents State of the Union address, they grilled Hillary during the primaries, they had to take Olbermann and Mathews off of their primary coverage because of the overwhelming they were showing. Both stations have an agenda. How apparent this bias is will be shown over the next 4 years. MSNBC=Fox

14. Man You would pretty much defend Obama and his supporters no matter what, huh?

You see you and your mind set is the problem man. Blindly defending and never questioning.

15. So MSNBC removed two of their very own political pundits from the political coverage? Sounds to me like the network did this to take a proactive approach in maintaining journalistic objectivity. I watch FOX's pundits give their opinion on political coverage all the time. They are never removed. Thank you for proving my point.

16. They removed them from being neutral during the primaries coverage when it was supposed to be a neutral coverage, not during Olbermann or Mathews time slots of their show. Fox has their versions of Olbermann and Mathews off of their actual coverage unless its during their time slots. At least you admit their is a bias though.

17. Whoa!!!! That guy just blatantly admitted to "making the news." The propaganda machine moves forward in another direction.

18. I understand what you meant. They were removed from providing neutral coverage, because as political commentators, it's hard for them not to share their personal opinion. The fact that MSNBC removed them from the coverage doesn't support your assertion that MSNBC is biased. It looks like there were actually talking a proactive stance in maintaining journalistic objectivity. This is a good thing.

As for Matthews, and Olbermann, it is clear they have an agenda. This is no secret. They are paid by the network to share their opinion, and give commentary on current events, just as their are conservative pundits such as Joe Scarbourough on the same network.

This doesn't prove that the ENTIRE network as a whole has a bias. All it proves is that they have a selection of commentators from both sides of the spectrum who each respectively have their own opinions.

19. Your right.

Everyone at MSNBC has been actively campaigning for Obama through out this entire process. I don't see how anyone could be surprised at this.

MSNBC is the propaganda wing of the Obama administration.