Well water question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Jso12357, Feb 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Just tested my water with my fleabay meter. PH is 7.6 and 115 ppm. Is this ok for an outside grow next summer or should I use some vinegar to lower it to 6.5 - 7? Want to get my ducks in a row. I'm not spending money on a R/O system. Thanks

2. Somebody more knowledgeable than myself should say if the earth will buff it down. Otherwise a bottle of ph down goes a long way, only takes a few drops per gallon of water to bring it down

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Thanks!

4. My well water is just a lil over 100 but i use it because it's 64 degrees out of the tap in dead summer, unless you're going organic you're gonna need to adjust ph during feedings anyway because nutrients will change the ph sometimes drastically. Good luck

5. My City Tap water runs a steady 8.5 and it's hot and dry here so I use a shit load of it.
    Eventually it started to show signs of Lockout so I started adding Elemental Garden Sulfur to my soil between sets of plants @ 1 tablespoon per cubic foot of soil a couple times a year.
    Solved my issues and I don't have to screw with adjusting PH and lugging buckets of water around the yard.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Thanks. I'm using Costco water for my inside grow - maybe it’s not necessary. However for first inside grow, water was an easy variable to eliminate.

• Like Like x 1

7. That's what i needed to know. My water tests about the same and i started all organic soil building after last season ended. My soil is loaded with a well rounded dose of amendments. But nothing to buffer the soil. So if i figure out my cubic feet of soil can i top dress that amount in to the soil now? Would it be buffered adequately sometime between april 20th and may 20th?

8. Sulfur is slow to convert fully as it depends on microbes to turn the powder into Acid. Can take a few months to a year to fully convert depending on soil temp. The little buggers work faster in warm soil. An early spring application as soon as the soil is workable should get the job done.

Plenty of information on Lowering the PH of alkaline of soils online once you start digging for it.

BNW

• Like Like x 1