Well to celebrate NJ's signing of the bill...

Discussion in 'General' started by nosmoke, Jan 19, 2010.

1. ...last night, I had an extremely insightful discussion with my older brother while we sat around our fire pit and smoked. It's actually funny, I'm 18 and my brother is 22, but I started smoking a few years ago and actually got him to try it it as well about a year and a half ago. He used to be the stand-offish type about because he, like myself, was once misinformed. Anyway, my point here is simply that we now share a genuine appreciation for herb while both carrying normal, successful lifestyles. So this brings me to my main discussion, which was wondering what the future holds for stoners. Now, of course I have that genuine toker appreciation for everything weed is and what you do with it, from pickups, to rolling, to smelling it, etc...I think you get my point, but I like to stay informed politically and do so by checking these forums on a daily basis. My real realization has been lately that so much seems to be happening rather rapidly and recently with weed, in terms of political attention, media attention, and just the overall open discussion of it. For exmaple, even in school, teachers bring it up on the regular, and my school even had a poll to see who was for/against legalization. It's not even that when I was too young to be smoking I was sheltered from hearing about it, but I felt like even when I did start smoking, not that much was talked about. But, once it hits home, you start to realize the magnitude of the situation, taking something that's illegal but is so widespread. My state, NJ has just legalized medicinal marijuana use, and while yes it's the strictest, it's a step in the right direction, as with any attention marijuana gets in the media is positive attention. I know you folks have read it before on here, that it's a only a matter of time, well now I truly have that feeling. I just said to my brother that it's out of this world to be the relatively young age we are at this moment in time in regards to marijuana. If advances are being made daily, from the growing number of users, those in favor of medicinal or what have you, it really puts a twinkle in my eye to just imagine how things can change for us. I think a lot of people don't realize it, but we're gonna have so many history-breakers during our time, and I would just like to say that I'm damn proud to be around right now.
    One day, I'll look back and remember when all of this was talk and weed was still illegal.
    Just an eye opener, makes me know that all the attention I have toward it in my life has not been arbitrary, and that it will ultimately mean something even stronger to me one day.

Keep the faith folks, I know I am. And sorry if this is a long pointless ramble, don't we all do that a bit after smoking?