Well, this is a bummer.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by LittleGreenBag, May 31, 2009.

1. So for the the last 4 days I've been in Texas for vacation with a friend of mine.
    It was a really fun time and it'll definately be one of the high points of my summer

This is where the bummer part comes in.

On the way home today I start getting texts from my sister that my dog got sick and they had to take her to the vet. For a little back story I've had this dog for nearly 7-8 years and it is one of the greatest dogs you could have. So I was instantly worried, but I couldn't bother my friend with this news, because, well we're on vacation and I don't want to be a bummer.

I finally arrive home after a 7 hour drive to find my sister crying and she explains to me that my dog had to be put down.

What a way to come home from a vacation.

2. Man that sucks. I coudlent imagine my dog passing away. RIP to your dog bro.

3. Fuck, eh?:(:(:( Couldn't even say goodbye?

4. Nope, she was long gone before I got home.

5. bro thats shitty.. i kno how you feel.. my mom put my dog to sleep when i was 300 miles away...broke my heart that i didnt get to say goodbye to her...

6. I'm so sorry for your loss....losing an animal after that many years is almost like losing a child....some people will say 'it was just a dog'....no...it's like family when they've been with you that long...

7. damn dude, sorry to hear about your dog. that sucks man. RIP littlegreenbags dog.....

8. I remember going to school one day, and coming home to find out my dad and stepmom had put down one of our dogs while I was away. I still wish I could have said goodbye to her :(

and then this year my dad informed me that after a long struggle, another had to be put down. I dont live with them, since I was kicked out 2 1/2 years ago, so I hadn't seen any of my dogs for over a year. He didn't even tell me that this one was dying. It was obvious it was coming, and he never told me until after it had already been put down. i'm still pissed at him for that.

9. That sucks man. I know how it is though. I was living at my moms and my dad had to put down the two dogs I had since I was a little kid. I didn't get to say goodbye, but it would have been really hard to be there when they had to get taken.

10. Wow, im so sorry, that must be really tough. dogs really are mans best friend. its like losing a family member. i hope you are ok and your dog is in a happy place.

11. This happened to me before too a few years ago, I feel your pain :(.

12. I know exactly how you feel. Just smoke a bowl and remember good times. :)

My dad put down my cat without telling me while I was at my mom's house. She was old (20 years) and couldn't move well, so I understand, I still wish I could've said goodbye, though.

About to smoke a bowl, and it's for your dog. :)

13. damn bro, wut a loss. RIP ur dog.