Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

well its settled: ive grown dependent

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by shroomer310, Sep 14, 2009.

1. I've been smoking every day for 5 years. I took a 4 day break a couple of weeks ago to see if I could do it. It was EASY. I dont see why all you guys have problems. I fell asleep fine at 12:30am - 1:30am and I could eat alot just as normal. I was more clear headed and thats about it! Then some real real dank came by agian so I started up agian. So everyone quit being pussys. lol :)

2. #22 sobe-bong, Sep 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2009
    yeah man, tolerance breaks suck ass

I thought I had a drug test a while ago so I tried to get clean. I couldn't sleep at all, I would just be half awake the entire time having fast paced dreams. Then after putting up with that for 2 weeks I said the hell with it and went back to my old habits ... later on only to find that I would not have a drug test. :) :mad:

but I am comfortable with being dependent. Up until recently I always had this idea in the back of my head that I would "grow up" some day and stop smoking. Nope, not anymore. I'm gonna smoke every day till I'm old and dead and enjoy it, no reason not to.

And the 2 week break didn't do shit for my tolerance like I was hoping.. I felt more tired and worse than normal

3. Haha, precisely. Whenever I take a t-break, I just end up constantly thinking... "This would be so much better if I were high" :D

4. Whenever you toke just sober up a bit before going to bed, that way you'll be able to sleep on your own without the help of MJ and next time you take a T-break you wont have problems sleeping.

Trust me

5. Doesn't every seasoned toker know the dream thing? If you go to sleep high you won't have or remember your dreams. If you smoke early in the day and sober up before bed you'll have normal dreams. Also as someone here pointed out, if you're careful but go to sleep sober regularly you won't have that particular problem if you stop getting high.

I've been getting high most days for 20 years or so, give or take a few years off for pregnancy and breast-feeding, and for me it just makes life more pleasurable and interesting. Working out high is fantastic; that's the one thing I basically hate doing unless stoned.

I don't know why some people just need that jazzy trippy addition to their days; but some of us do; trouble letting go of that and missing it are not "withdrawal", believe me. (I'm a nurse; I've seen withdrawal from addictive substances, including alcohol; it ain't being cranky and sleepless and bored with food.)

6. QFT :smoke:

7. Ahh you see thats why i do all three if you smoke surf and skate then you cant go wrong ahah

8. I'm in a similar situation, except I'm not dependent. I've been depressed since I was in puberty. I used to be suicidal but I'm not anymore. I'm still depressed but most of the time the worst of it is that I don't enjoy doing anything. Weed is the only thing that makes things enjoyable and interesting. I was smoking everyday during the summer, but now that I'm in a dorm I've stopped and I'm back to being depressed again. I've stopped for financial reasons as well as academic. It ruins my short term memory. Now I only smoke when I visit home, but I really miss it. I can't wait until four years from now when I've graduated and have a high paying job and my own place where I can grow. That's what keeps me going. I don't mind my life revolving around marijuana since I love it and how it makes me feel, but I can exist without it, even if life just really sucks.

9. The first week of not smoking after you've been a daily smoker for a long time is the worst. I assure you it gets much easier after that. Your appetite will return, the grouchiness subsides, and you learn to appreciate the simple things in life again. Plus, if you take some time off, it's that much better if/when you do blaze again. Having other hobbies and interests to occupy your mind helps a lot. Take it from a 15 year toker.

10. My smoking resume:

Age 13 smoked on a regular weekend basis - not daily
    continues non stop to
    Age 17 smoked everyday after work and all day weekends
    continues non stop to
    Age 23 STOPPED FOR 10 Years
    Age 33 started smoking daily, all day, everyday, all day every weekend and I am now
    Age 43 and still smoking all day, every day.....BUT,

When I am happy and working I can go to work easy for 9-10 hours a day and then come home for my hits....

I find that so many in this post are correct when ever you say "It's Boredom"

The addiction is definitely boredom...get back out into the world and understand that everything that you do does not have to start with hitting the bong and when the head starts to feel funny, and you are out....just remember that home is so close and the end of the work day is on it's way....:hello:

Sincerely thought to be addicted and then woke up.....Be Smarter then yourself!

11. I haven't smoked in a month. Also, I've felt like this before I ever started smoking.

12. I feel you my days are shitty if I don't smoke, but you need to just push through it. I went for 6 weeks while looking for a job. I might be taking a break again soon. It is good habit in my opinion to smoke every other day. I just crack a cold one and drown any sorrows that way so I can pass the time. You will be fine just grab some beer and drink that and smoke every couple of days.

13. It probably reduces your ability to remember dreams vs destroys them, but that's just my speculation.

I think dreams would only be more stimulated while high, just like everything else:D

You could easily consider it dependence, but if i couldn't get it i wouldn't freak. Most often i already have some and find very few reasons not to take bong rips through out the day, most days.

14. why does everyone take it personal when someone says they are dependent or addicted to weed. it can happen for some people, quit being such dicks

15. #35 tharedhead, Sep 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2009

Can I mention carrot addiction again? Pleeeze? I just like saying "carrot addiction"
    Salon Column | Turning orange

People can become addicted to anything. :)

I've got a link about people eating dirt too...Geophagy

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/eid/vol9no8/03-0033.htm

Some people go nuts if they can't get their dirt!

16. ya i dont think that causes insomnia or other symptoms. there is some slight cannabis withdrawal for heavy long term users. for some they arnt bad but for some they are

17. Yup, everyone is different...

A lot of celiacs report being sleepless and having muscle aches and sweats when they stop eating gluten. Many people also think that gluten acts as a mild opiate. I did not have that problem but some folks insist they go through withdrawl when they stop gluten.

Celiac Notes: Opiate Withdrawal from Gluten and Casein?

Wheat and milk addiction? Crap, anything is possible...:cool:

18. From a very long time daily toker....there ARE WITHDRAW Symptoms and they SUCK!

If you do not smoke all day, then you will have insomnia that night....
    I won't go into all of it, but my withdraw for the first few days is comparable to the sickness of people that are on "real" drugs...

Mental or not, they exists, they suck and I wish the chick in Louisville, KY would have completed her THC patch while she was at school as she graduated and they dropped the project.