well im going to japan for a few weeks, advice?

Discussion in 'General' started by melli, Mar 3, 2009.

1. yea soo im going to japan for afew weeks for vacation
    i heard weed is really strict their
    but for all of you that have been their help

2. If you have even a small joint they'll chop ur dick off and put it in some fine Japanese cuisine.
    If your a chick, you've got nothing to worry about.

Other than that, bring a camera? and lots of $$ i dunno how their economy is, but im sure you can find some kickass deals that are better than the American counterpart.

3. my friends brother got caught smokin a jay in japan. He ended up doin 6 years in prison, then came back to the U.S.

4. Do your best to learn the P's and Q's of japan. Concentrate on respect, not pleasure, and youll be ok.
    If you do not speak the language, or read it, try to have a trustworthy guide who can stay with you.

5. Have fun, eat lots of amazing food, see some great sights, and don't even think about trying to get weed. It's not worth the risk.

6. You'll stick out like a sore thumb, so enjoy every second of it.

Get ready to experience one of the most profound senses of cultural shock and differences possible. Also keep an open mind about the food. Just because it doesn't sound appetizing to you, doesn't mean you should give up the opportunity to experience something completely new.

7. #7 coldcheese, Mar 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2009
    wtf, six years?

jesus dude it's not like he committed an armed robbery or anything..

if that's true then damn those japanese are some strict mother fuckers

8. Def check out a love hotel.

9. Dude... dont smoke pot there... bad idea bro
    Just enjoy that mother fucker sober. or find some opium :D

10. yea i went there last march

You wont find weed but ul have a blast

11. wow, really?
    OMG, i envy with you
    i want to go to JP so bad
    it'sone of my wish
    i'll try visiting JP one time
    ^^
    lot of place u should go
    why dont you ask the japanese
    they'll tell you what they proud of.

12. kickass deals? If you mean deals that kick you in ass your right. For 1 ounce in Japan, I could by 3 in the States. Prepare to pay 50 dollars a gram for some chronic

13. Isn't that China? ;)

14. Here's a load of info on laws/drug laws.

Cannabis is legal only for cultivation in Japan, where only license holders are able to grow and possess cannabis. Therefore, the only persons allowed to possess Marijuana are growers and researchers with a permit.

All other Marijuana related actions are forbidden, including import or export, deal or supply, smoke etc.

Any person who unlawfully cultivates, imports to Japan or any other country, or exports from Japan or any other country cannabis shall be liable to penal servitude not exceeding 7 years.
    Any person who commits an offense prescribed in the preceding paragraph for the purpose of gain shall be liable to penal servitude not exceeding 10 years or to both penal servitude not exceeding 10 years and a fine not exceeding 3,000,000 yen according to the circumstances.
    Any person who unlawfully possesses, receives, or transfers cannabis shall be liable to penal servitude not exceeding 5 years.

Any person who commits an offense prescribed in the preceding paragraph for the purpose of gain shall be liable to penal servitude not exceeding 7 years or to both penal servitude not exceeding 7 years and a fine not exceeding 2,000,000 yen according to the circumstances.

The main thing is that the police have to ask to search you. If you say no they can't do anything. It's not good to drive because they can stop your car and get your liscense number. walk, take a taxi, or the subway. Don't let them search you or look at your passport. Just say No! and walk away. They might try to strong arm you but do not let them search you. If you are under arrest you will be in handcuffs otherwise walk away.

Cops are really cracking down. Shibuya is still available but is VERY creepy. There was a pretty big bust about a week ago.

another reporter added: "The Japanese law is a lot worse than it is said to be- for one, you are guilty until proven innocent. The number of cops is insane, and they're always looking to bust anyone who looks white (no joke, the police is quite racist.)"

*THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT* Don't cary any weed on you if you plan to buy things from a head shop. Head shops are pretty common in Japan, but it's also common for the police to be waiting right outside, and trust me, they do search you.

- Overall, buying weed in Japan is possible. But, it's expensive and very risky.

15. This is pretty good, almost exactly how it is here. That headshop note is VERY true, they try to act all undercover but its pretty damn obvious. I actually didn't know that you could refuse a search, I actually don't really know about one. I wouldn't worry so much about being white, but if you look Filipino your a total dead man. Same for if you look Brazilian, and some are pretty white so its nasty. Maybe OP should just not smoke for awhile? I would sell you some weed OP but my dealer was arrested about a month ago and I haven't smoked since. Crystal Meth is japans most popular drug, besides cigarettes, caffiene, and alcohol. They created it and more people smoke it then they do marijuana.
    Don't smoke meth though, that's some fucked up shit.

Weed names in Japan
    Marihuana- same as marijuana, be careful being heard saying this though.
    Happa- Japanese for leaf, slang for weed
    Kusa- Japanese for grass, slang for weed
    choko - kinda like saying ganja
    maku - verb for roll, saying happa wo maku or kusa wo maku is like saying roll some up some bud.
    Shabu - crystal meth, but don't touch that stuff

This is gonna seem racist what i say next but it is true, you could buy weed from Iranians so you might be able to approach them if their dressed like punks or wannabe gangstas and ask for some.

Filipinos also are some of the leading offeders for marijuana use in Japan. You can approach them and since most speak English you can say, "Hey man do you know where I can buy some damo?" Damo is filipino slang for weed. You can always just say weed to them, they understand that.

16. Bring me back a R34 Nissan Skyline... haha naw have fun though.

17. Japan? wow.. should be a blast man. Hear they got strict laws there, I wouldn't try to take on the plane with me.

18. just find a Japanese herbalist that has all the ingredient for herbal medicine and say loudly whilst gesticulating with your hands and waving money in their face "V-E-R-Y S-T-R-E-S-S-E-D W-A-N-T M-U-C-H M-A-R-J-U-A-N-A, S-M-O-K-E-Y S-M-O-K-E-Y F-U-N T-I-M-E Y-E-S?" they'll give you what you need.

19. Yeah someone told me that a gram in Japan is like $80 :eek:

Take lots of pics so we can see, I'm stoked about going to Japan in the future.

20. what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

eighty dollars for one gram of marijuana

i'm afraid that's the craziest thing i have ever heard