Well i just ordered the seeds and got the supplies what do you think?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Javid12, Apr 1, 2013.

1. #1 Javid12, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2013
    Hey guys this is probably my first real post. Last year I wasn't so serious. This year on other other hand... I want results. I bought a crap load of supplies. I wanted to buy the fox-farm soil and nutrient trio, but I thought it was a little too much money. Instead I bought alternate supplies from the home depot.

I think i forgot to mention I'm an absolute beginner hence I posted on the absolute beginner section. :wave:

In the files below are the stuff I bought from the nursery. I hope they're suffice. I bought Miracle Gro tomato plant food. It's water soluble, with a NPK ratio of 18-18-21. (I know that's a bit too much but i thought i could either dilute it or I can add a proportional amount. I plan on adding this for the flowering stage of my cannabis plant.) It's close to the 1-1-2 ratio for the flowering state. For the veg state I bought Miracle Gro Shake 'n feed. this is not water soluble. It's designed so you don't have to keep adding nutes to it every week. Its NPK ratio is 12-4-8 It's proportional to the 3-1-2. I'll just add a little less.

For the meduim/soil I got Perlite, vermiculite, and Miracle Gro potting soil (not shown due the stench it gives) and I also got blood meal. I have no idea what I should mix with what. I'm pretty much stuck. If you guys can help me I would be really thankful.
    Also check later on the security section. I have some other question I would like to be answered. Thanks again guys for taking your time to read I know I type a lot :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. That's alotta miracle grow products.....im the same way to im on a budget......how much did u spend on soil n nutrients bcuz I was thinkn bout gettin a couple more things for my plant today

3. About 45$ I lost the receipt. Or I would given you an exact amount.

4. What do I think? I think you jumped the gun here. If you can, take all that stuff back and get a refund. You could do A LOT better for $45. Miracle gro stuff is not so good when you want good results.

Do you plan on growing organic or with bottled nutes?

5. Whatever my plant will like more, I would hope to recieve max potency and max yield, if possible. Are you sure? I'm about to run to the home depot right now. What should I pick up and what should i return? I'm sorry for my inexperience.

6. You can grow organic which will require you to mix your own soil. this will save you the headache of checking/maintaining pH, and you will not have to use bottled nutrients. properly built soil will get you through the entire grow.

Check out this thread on what it takes to build your own soil
    http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1116550-easy-organic-soil-mix-beginners.html

You can also grow with synthetic nutes. But please get better soil/nutrients. miracle gro stuff is just not good for cannabis.

I don't think you will find anything better at home depot though. Do you have a nursery near you?

7. Yea the homedepot lol... well thanks a lot man for the heads up gonna go return these things.

8. Even a bag of FFOF and FFLW will suffice lol.

9. 5kg brick of Coco = $15
    1 quart each of GH Flora Micro and Flora Bloom (use the lucas formula) = $25
    GH PH kit = $15
    Total = $55, 10 more than you spent and your plants will be 10x happier.

Not wasting 3-4 months with Miracle Grow = Priceless.